Day Trips

Do you ever go on day trips in your state? Where do you go? What points of interest have you seen?

zboys

Asked by zboys at 8:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2013 in Travel

• I love going on day trips in my state. We normally go to a State Park or to a hiking trail that we want to do. Sometimes we will just go explore a small town. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• What state are you in, Jeremy's Mom? A small town like a ghost town?
    zboys

Comment by zboys (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Georgia. No, not a ghost town, but just a small town that has mom and pop stores downtown and maybe some history sites.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• We have many places around that are easy day trips. I would say we go about once a month unless the weather is horrendous for a long time and that doesn't happen that often.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Dardenella, where you go? What do you see of interest? Which state?
    zboys

Comment by zboys (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• There are several state parks, lakes, caves, and rivers to visit here. I plan on taking my DS to the McWane Science center one day soon. He would also really enjoy the Space and Rocket Center. We will make that trip one day.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• We have two small kids so long trips would be a problem. We're in NY so day trips for us are to the Bronx Zoo, The NY Aquarium/Coney Island Amusements. Then if we head out east it's to another Aquarium or plant nurseries that have lots of farm animals & the Game Farm.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• mommy_jules, I saw a brochure about the McWane Science Center in our local Boy Scout store the other day. It looks neat. Let me know if you like it. I have been thinking about taking Jeremy there.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• we never do that! sad too.

I really wish we'd driven *maybe* half an hour to go see the Winchester House when we lived up there...

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• *that was a pic of the house-not sure why it isn"t showing up

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:55 PM on Dec. 5, 2013