So I need some help... adult content

I'm 27 my periods have always been normal I've had kids and I've had my tubes tied. I started my period earlier today and I'm bleeding 95% brown blood. I've never done that and my vagina hurts on the inside a little. I know tmi but I'm nervous

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2013 in Health

• I would suggest you call the doctor and go in. If they are like some GYNs the nurse will try to put you off for several weeks but you just keep insisting or go to urgent care, though this is not an emergency, so relax. But it is something something to talk to a doctor about soon.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:23 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Wait and see what the blood looks like tomorrow

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• I wouldn't worry SO much about the color as much as id worry the quantity. If you are in a lot of pain or heavily bleeding then id go in asap. Other wise id just call tomorrow and have them fit me in to see the doctor.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 11:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Blood in your veins is blue due to lack of oxygen...when it enters your arteries and is mixed with oxygen it becomes red. Same with blood outside your body...artery or vein...exposure to oxygen makes it RED.

BROWN blood is a whole other thing...I would go to the nearest GYN or Doc-In-the-box or Emergency room if that's all you have. Blood poisoning (infected blood) can be deadly...don't wait seek medical attention IMMEDIATELY!

Then there are other things to consider...BUT DO NOT POST THE ANSWER TO THIS...Have you "experimented" with some fruit or vegetable? Vaginal areas are supposed to be acidic...when they aren't you get a yeast infection because yeast LOVES non-acidic vaginas. If a part of the "experimented" plant broke off and is "spoiling" inside you...or you forgot to take out a tampon from the last period...that would explain the pain and the color of your period...GET TO A DOCTOR!!!
    vanillaorchida

Answer by vanillaorchida at 12:35 AM on Dec. 6, 2013