Update on wedding dress shopping

So, my daughter called this morning (after I posted about all this) and we both decided that online was a scary way to go, and she wanted to go back to David's and try again and this time tell her that it had to be like 500 OUT the door, and wanted to check another shop close to there as well. 

I went and got her and we went to the smaller local shop - we were told about the clearance dresses and she tried 3 on- 2 were too small and one was way too big and very plain/ ugly

we were told that the other dresses (not on clearance) STARTED at 800.  We left and went back to David's.  Had a different woman today (older and very sweet) and she didn't pull any dresses over the 500.  1st dress, pretty. very pretty.  2nd dress, also really pretty.  3rd dress was like WOW pretty.  It was on sale for 499, fit was right, had a combination of the things Ashley had decided she wanted.  

here if you  wanna see it:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_A-line-Side-Drape-Strapless-Gown-9V9665_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Size-Plus-Sizes

the pics do NOT do this dress justice.   We both knew it was the right one, and only needed the bustle alteration.  She was able to try 2 sizes to make sure it was right for her and we went ahead and got it and the bra to go under it...and it came to just barely over 600 for both.  *I'll pay the 70 bucks or so later for the alteration

She forgot all about the dresses from yesterday when she put this one on. She is happy, I'm happy...AND dad is happy. 

WOOHOO

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 9:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Very pretty. You just know when you try on the right dress. Congrats for coming in on budget!
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• I am so happy for you. It is beautiful.
    When DD and I went, the woman went and started pulling dresses but I went out on my own and looked as well.
    Sometimes you just need someone else to wait on you.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• very nice

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2013

• Very pretty! I'm glad she found the perfect dress (at the perfect price).
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:41 AM on Dec. 6, 2013

well- it wasn't the "perfect" price, but it was closer ;)

charlotsomtimes

Comment by charlotsomtimes (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Pretty dress...glad that she found a dress that she loves at a reasonable price.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:01 AM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Now THAT is a wedding dress that I like. Love the corset look and the pretties on the back look like snowflakes. Is it a winter wedding?? No coffee yet and I can't remember. *sigh*
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:02 AM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Now THAT is a wedding dress that I like. Love the corset look and the pretties on the back look like snowflakes. Is it a winter wedding??

no- it's July 6th. Those are flowery sparklies :)
    hard to see how pretty it really IS in those pics. it's very sparkly, and yeah the corset back was something she REALLY wanted too- and most dresses we saw did not have it
    charlotsomtimes

Comment by charlotsomtimes (original poster) at 8:08 AM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Wonderful! Now get a killer dress for yourself too!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:16 AM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Lovely! It makes a difference having the right person help you!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 8:49 AM on Dec. 6, 2013