Would someone settle a stupid debate for me?

I was asked to do something for a friend on October 31, Halloween, and I said I would get to it as soon as I could. It was kind of important, and I should have done it by now. But November has been a really rough month, with Thanksgiving, a lot of health stuff going on for me, a week off from school for my daughter, and I fell down on the job. I owned up to my mistake, apologized, and said I would get what I needed to do finished by Monday. Fair enough. Two adults, end of story.

Or at least I thought so till someone else told me that this friend complained to her that I hadn't done what she asked for two whole months. So I went back and confronted her. And she said yeah, the calendar had flipped over twice, so I had put her off for two months. I tried to explain that no, I hadn't, October 31 to December 5 was not two months, just because the calendar had changed twice, it was still five weeks. Five weeks is five weeks, no matter where they are. But she's sticking to her two months thing like glue. I'll do what I need to do by Monday because I said I would, but is there any other way I can explain to this thick-headed girl that just because we went through one day of October and the month of November into December, I didn't put her off for two months, because I feel like leaving her spitting out teeth!

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 12:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Although I agree with you, you're probably wasting your breath by arguing with her. I'm pretty sure the only thing that will come of it is that you'll want to punch her in the nose. I'd just shrug it off and ignore as best as possible anymore comments about the 2 month wait.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• She's an idiot. She's also ungrateful and talks about you behind your back. I'd think long and hard before doing anything for her again.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Ballad, call her today and say that you are unable to complete the project and she needs to look elsewhere for help. I assume this is a favor, not something you get paid for? If she is poor mouthing you to others over a favor, she wouldn't be getting one from me.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Well,someone can't do math apparently
    I agree,either do it and tell her this is the last favor/job,or tell her you've decided to not do it at all

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• 5 weeks = 1 month + 1 week
    8 weeks = 2 months
    She's a dope!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Actually you're both right. She's counting by the month and you're counting by the weeks. For her it was Oct, Nov, Dec. For you it was 5 weeks. What you have to decide is if it is worth it to argue about something that will be over on Monday. Is it worth losing a friendship over?

Personally a true friendship takes a long time to build. I'd rather hold onto my friendships then worry about 2 months or 5 weeks.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• it is not worth time or energy to fight with her.
    christina122952

Answer by christina122952 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• If you cherish her friendship then just let it go & if you can complete the project then do it, if you can't then tell her & don't offer anything again. if you don't really care for her friendship then just don't call her back & drop it. Why get upset & make yourself sick about this?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Do what you said you would do. And do not do anything for her again.

Answer by louise2 at 4:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• She's a bonehead and if it's not too hard a project, I would complete it and take a break from this "friend" for awhile. If you are too out upon or angry with her, throw in the towel all together and tell her you are not able to do it at all.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2013