Is there anything that sticks out in your mind that you were P*SSED OFF royally at your SO over?

My friend just texted me that her hubby said that back when she had her hysterectomy that he wished she would have not "milked it" so long. That things around the house went to shit and he felt upset that he had to come home and do housework.
I asked her if she killed him yet
After I had my son,I felt bad that the housework wasn't getting done in due time. When I mentioned it to my DH,he told me not to worry. I'd get to it when I felt better. Keep in mind,he took off the week after we had our son. He didn't mean it like how it came out,but I was LIVID with him.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2013 in Relationships

• Not anything that stands out. He's said plenty of offensive things, but we tend to discuss it a little and end up laughing at it. I'm not a particularly sensitive person, so I usually try to think of the innocent way something could have been meant. Like a couple months after we were married it was DH's birthday. I asked him what he wanted for dinner and he said lasagna and carrot cake for his birthday cake. I made both from scratch and we invited BIL/SIL and nieces to dinner. Everyone was really shy about taking food for some reason. DH was the first to taste it and proclaimed, 'wow, this doesn't taste like shit'. So now I tease him about that still because he claims he didn't mean it the way it came out. I could have thought deeper in to that comment, but why bother? It won't change how I cook, even if he didn't like it.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Once I bought this 20$ cover up powder at body shop, I never spend money on stuff like that and I f>>ing loved how smooth and amazing it was. I used it maybe 3 times. One day my hubby knocked it off the counter and it smashed all over the floor, and I reacted by saying nooooooo omg you broke it, I was genuinely heart broken. He just looked at me and walked away. Later I expressed how upset I was and asked why he didn't apologize. He said anyone who reacts that way to makeup doesn't deserve an apology and I will never say sorry. It just felt so shitty that my true feelings didn't matter I never get anything nice and it was my treat to myself. I know it's stupid but I was really sad about it. And it's years later and I still feel anger toward him for that.
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 5:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Oh pinkparcel, that is a wrenching story!
    He took it personally (like a personal criticism of him or blaming/faulting him) which got in the way of being able to acknowledge or care about your feelings. In that kind of either/or context he is wrong or at fault if your feelings are valid, so he judges them as wrong & "undeserving" of care.
    I don't think it's stupid. I don't think badly of him for it (I can understand where that came from) but I can totally understand why the memory of that exchange would still feel upsetting to you!! It would be terrifically upsetting & alienating!
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 5:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• We were talking about what to do for our 11th anniversary. Our 10th was right after a move, so I was hoping for a little more celebration. We were leaving Home Depot and he told me he wanted to get a new toilet for the master bath as our anniversary gift to each other.

I gave him a look and said no way.

He came back a few days later saying that he talked to his work friends who said their wives were lucky to get a card and dinner. So he thought this year we'd just skip the gift.

First a toilet, and then nothing? I don't remember exactly what I said, but it was just a sentence or two about this genius plan, and then I gave him the silent treatment for the rest of the night.

I got a really pretty sapphire bracelet, and we took a trip to the Caribbean 6 mos later. :o)

I really don't expect anything fancy or expensive. Flowers and dinner are our norm most years. It was all in how he presented it.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• A couple of times I remember very vividly. But all has been forgiven for now.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Stupid little things like leaving tissues in his trouser pockets so that everything gets covered in the washing machine! He'll often leave his dirty clothes on the floor and let them build up before I demand he moves them! And something else that seems common in men, he'll leave lids off everything! Milk cartons, tooth paste, hair wax EVERYTHING!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 5:43 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Our biggest fight in our entire marriage was over quarters, I was collecting all of the states as they came out, and he used them to wash his car, ALL of them. It seems so silly now, and we laugh about it when we tell the story.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• My boys' father stopped to look at a stupid frog when we were getting ready to leave for the hospital to have our 1st son. Then when we got home w/ the baby, he still had to put the crib together. Mind you he had 8 1/2 mos, plus the 2 days while I was in the hospital. THEN, that 1st weekend we had the baby home, (I wasn't breastfeeding) I asked him to get up for a middle of the night feeding. Guess what he said?! He had the nerve to say, "I'm tired, I've had a rough week." YOU'VE had a rough week?! Try a 4th degree episiotomy pal! I wanted to punch him in the face for that.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• There was one time we seriously disagreed about a parenting decision and he said fine, you do it your way and I'll go over and sleep at the watch store. I totally lost it. I told him he better not ever freaking threaten me with that again or I'd be buying a camping cot and putting it over there. As it happened, we inherited a hand-me-down recliner not long after that and ended up storing my aunt's old decrepit one at the watch store because it's got a really nice hardwood frame and I want to get it rebuilt and updated with new upholstery, so now and then I tease him about it, but it was anything but a laughing matter at the time.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Oh wait, I think I misunderstood the question. I try to take things as I think they were intended. Sometimes I do better than others.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2013