Tips on booking parties

I have signed up with a direct sales company and don't have any family or friends around to book parties to get me started. Are there any tips on how to get parties booked without family and friends?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2013 in Money & Work

• Many years ago, I was selling Christmas Around the World. My aunt took the book to where she worked, the nursing home. One lady booked a party and fortunately, I was able to get every booking that year through that one contact.... It can be tough, but if you can find just the right person....

How about dropping a book off at hair salons, nail salons, or places like that?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Sometimes you can get a table at craft faires where you can sell items and book parties. It can be a great way to get started. Also, approach your school PTA, or kids sports groups to do fundraising parties.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Not sure how old your kids are, but when mine were in preschool there's always at least one mom in the class that invites all the moms to a party one morning while kids are in school

Answer by missanc at 9:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• You should have had a few parties lined up before you joined.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:19 AM on Dec. 7, 2013