Odd or bold behavior at a friends/neighbors house....?

Have you ever done anything odd or bold (out of character) at a Friends or Neighbors house?

I remember when we first moved into our home we had a very fun but odd couple that lived next door to us. They were older then us & always begged us to come over for cocktails! We both worked full time so we were able to dodge them most of the time. One night I came home & went to get the mail & she ran out all dressed up & said "we're having a party come over!!! NOW" So I caved & said "OK". My DH & I changed & went over. It was like a total swingers party not yet in the "swing" of things! They were all tipsy already.
She made us drinks & ushered us into the living room. I looked over to the corner, & my heart dropped. They had a live Christmas tree decked out with lit candles! I looked passed the tree & out the window at my house & panicked! I ran over to the tree & proceeded to blow out all her candles! I had a momentary lapse of giving a shit about hurting feelings in order to curb a near tragedy! LOL!
I turned around to faces just glaring at me in shock. I smiled & slithered into the kitchen. MY DH was nearly bursting out in laughter & coughed & followed me. I said "I have to get out of here!". We waited an hour mostly hiding & when they were all snookered we escaped.
They soon divorced & moved away but now I miss them! LOL! They were like living next to a fun movie.

Have you done anything at a neighbors house that was out of character for you?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 5:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2013 in Holidays

• That is the best story ever, I can't stand to go to other people's houses, weird right? I figure if I have a sitter and am paying I need to go out, so I guess the moral of the story is that Open Marriages don't really prevent divorce, was this couple named Jeff and Kelly by any chance? We had an older couple that wanted to "swing" with us, we didn't find this out until we had known them for a long time, LOL
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• For a short while,I was friends with my BFF's sister
    She was a terrible housekeeper,and tended to ignore her baby's cries and needs
    I walked in one day to see her preparing the baby's food in a disposable coffee cup because no fooling,every single plate,pan,and piece of silver wear in the house was dirty,and sitting on the counter and in the sink. The stuff looked like it had sat there for a LONG time,because the food was dried on or had mold on it. The pans were actually rusting in the sink!
    I don't know what came over me,but I marched into the kitchen,and started to do her dishes. She stared at me like I was nuts,but didn't stop me.
    I mentioned it to her mom that if she didn't watch herself,someone was going to call CPS on her

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• I was fairly quiet and shy when I was younger, and a real 'goody two shoes' or so people tell me. I didn't drink very much.

Anyway, one of my friends had a big Naughty Lady party, and invited lots of couples. At some time during the party hHer husband started telling these ridiculous and very chauvenistic Dick and Jane Jokes. Now I'm kind of traditional, but these jokes even offended me. I had had a couple of glasses of wine, and a little more courage than usual, and when he had told one Dick and Jane joke too many I finally said...very loudly and clearly...."See Jane find a new dick."

Everyone in the crowd started busting up laughing and Matt turned bright red and quit talking.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Yeah Ballad, soon after my husband left me I was so sad and depressed I decided that since drinking seemed to work for my mom, (She drank herself to sleep every night) I would gave it a try. So one night when the kids were with the ex, I drank until I was very drunk, and all I did was cry and cry and cry. So, yeah, that didn't work. I have never been drunk since.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 12:51 AM on Dec. 7, 2013

• I have a friend that will flip your toilet paper roll over if she deems it to be going in the wrong direction.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:10 AM on Dec. 7, 2013

• LOL! #hotswedishneighborguy,
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 6:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• yeah I was with my sister and one night my ex came over and kissed my sister. Then I slapped him, and then he kissed me . after that we got back together, and then left my sister there. she was so pissed..
    mothertoanyone

Answer by mothertoanyone at 8:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• On the night when the s**t finally hit the fan with my parents and siblings and I gave up having any kind of a decent relationship with them, my boyfriend drove down from a reunion we had been attending in the mountains, and we stopped by a garage party some friends were having. I placed my then infant daughter in the capable hands of her nanna because I intended to get as drunk as I possibly could In a very short time so I could forget I ever had a family of origin, maybe have a good time, listen to some music, laugh it up. Several rum and Cokes later, downed one right after another, I had forgotten about my family of origin, and pretty much everything else on the face of the earth, except my infant daughter. But I wasn't much fun to party with, either. We still laugh about it today because the new mom thing was so strong in me that all I kept asking was, Where's the baby? Where's the baby? Where's the baby?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:17 AM on Dec. 7, 2013

• nope
    christina122952

Answer by christina122952 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• ^^^LOL! No, not Jeff & Kelly! He was Swiss & 10 years younger than her & was always sneaking around on her. She was really nice & I enjoyed talking gardening with her.
    ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Dec. 6, 2013