Have you ever had jury duty?

What kind of trial was it? How long did it last? Were you happy to serve or pissed that you got caught?

I just called for my summons and the trial I was scheduled for was canceled. This is the second time I have received the notice, and the second time that the trial was canceled.

My best friend served on a trial for a shaken baby trial. She said it was the hardest thing she has ever done. D:

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 7:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2013 in Money & Work

• I was on a jury for an assault case. Took one day. Happy to serve....found it very interesting.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• I've only be summoned once but, got out of it.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• I had Grand Jury duty.... 3 months worth!! UGH!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• The person never showed up. So we were dismissed.

Answer by louise2 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• I've been called about 4 times but once they find out I worked for the Sheriffs Dept. they dismissed me every time. Now since my kids were small, they excuse me altogether since I am the primary caregiver. I just send in a copy of their birth certificate with the jury questionnaire. I would not want to serve ever!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• I was summoned but didn't get chosen my DH was on a breast cancer case a few years ago which was interesting.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Never summoned, but I want to!

Answer by missanc at 10:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• I was on a jury for a drug case. Two days, conviction. And earlier this year I was in the jury pool for a domestic violence case, but didn't get selected.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• I was called for a drug case. Dumb ass dropped her dope outside a tanning salon (on camera), left, and then came back and had her KIDS help her look for it!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:22 AM on Dec. 7, 2013

• Yes, but was never picked. Now I am exempt, so probably will never have to again.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:27 AM on Dec. 7, 2013