My daughter is seeing things

My 12 year old daughter began seeing black cats in 3rd grade but now one else would see it,when she was 5 she heard voices if her head and now she is seeing rats she started seeing rats in 5th grade when first lost her pet rat she told me occasionally her eyes will only see black for a couple seconds but she has 20/20vision she is very smart and mastered algebra in a day and algebra 2 in 2days please I need more answers

Copper77

Asked by Copper77 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• Neurologist,then psychiatrist.....Monday

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Uh huh....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• have you taken her to anyone to see what's up?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Also,you should have done something right away. She could have a brain tumor,epilepsy, schizophrenia,or seizures

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Um... what? Not quite understanding what you're trying to say, sorry.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Is she on any medications? I was put on a new medication to dry up a stubborn sinus infection...it gave me post apocalyptic night terrors that were so real to me that I was terrified to sleep! During the day i was seeing "transparent" people.The next day I called my doctor and reported the reaction. He said that med had a (insert some extreme statistic here) chance of causing hallucinations.

It may be something as simple as changing her meds. As for loss of vision...I would go "blind" just before a migraine. Turns out I'm allergic to the horse estrogen they used for the contraceptive pill I was on. Off the pill, no more migraines...except for when I eat/drink something with ASPARTAME in it. Maybe she's allergic to something?

I'd have a doctor check her for migraines, Aspartame (body turns it into formaldehyde) allergies and review her current meds.
    vanillaorchida

Answer by vanillaorchida at 10:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• This is something to take to your doctor. We cannot help you here.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2013

• Riiiiiight.........
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:25 AM on Dec. 7, 2013

• That's nice. is she psychic? She could have a real strong connection to a past life. Does she remember being a witch? You need to place her on a 72 hour hold in a psychiatric hospital and let them evaluate her. Sounds schizophrenic.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:24 AM on Dec. 7, 2013

• Bring her to a doctor and see if she has mental issues. Or brain issues.

Answer by louise2 at 9:05 AM on Dec. 7, 2013