Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I cancel My DD's Birthday Party?

My youngest turns 4 on Saturday, we have been busy planning her birthday for the past two months and she is SOOOO excited about it, Last night she came down with a fever, it went away for a while this morning but then came back, her breathing is a bit labored, and I can tell she is misserable, She still has tomorrow to get better, but I'm betting she won't. Do I start calling parents and cancel? Should I take her to the Dr tomorrow and get her on antibiotics and hope she is better by the party at 2 on Saturday? She will be so devistated if I cancel it :(

Answer Question

Asked by momiilu at 11:09 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • I would postpone it. Partys suck when you don't feel well.

    Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

  • Can you postpone it a week? Call the parents and see if hat will work? Then she still gets her party, she will get to enjoy it and you won't risk getting the other children sick.

    Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

  • is there a way you can post pone it? first of all her health is the most omportant second do you really want to get a bunch of other kids sick.. cuz I know that just tends to upset a whole bunch of people and imo I odn't hink its very responsible.. is there a way you could just push it back a weekend or 2?

    Answer by Kelly_Ann at 11:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

  • If she would say no because it would devistate her and you put alot of work into it. I would take her to the doc and get medicine, also it might be just what she needs to get better...a party might make her in a better mood.

    Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

  • i would take her to the dr. and just have it next weekend. antibiotics take 3 days before they're considered not contagious. gl and i hope your little one feels better!

    Answer by tnteaton at 11:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

  • Postpone it a week. Let her know that things like this happen but she will enjoy the party a lot more if she feels good.

    Answer by kaycee14 at 12:58 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • Postpone it, but do something special for her privately on that day. That way you can cheer her up and then have the party on the following weekend when she will feel better. I dont know what your daughter likes or I would suggest some ideas. I hope your dear one feels better soon.

    Answer by NightOwlMama at 3:31 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • Postpone it at least a week. She's sick and won't have fun and it's not fair to knowingly expose the other kids it.

    Don't be surprised if the doctor just tells you it's a virus and it has to run it's course. Antibiotics don't do anything for a virus.

    Do something special for/with her...get a special movie for her to watch, maybe a little special treat if she's up to eating it....Still give her a present or two....

    But don't expose those other kids to it...

    Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:38 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

  • Ended up not canceling, turned out she had a UTI causing the fever ;( Thanks for the answers tho!!

    Answer by momiilu at 11:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.