Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When i sign my divorce papers, do i sign my maiden name or married name?

i really don't know. this is my first divorce and i have waited four years for this.


Asked by christina122952 at 8:00 AM on Dec. 7, 2013 in Relationships

Level 14 (1,369 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • Sign your legal name , married name
    On the papers there should be box that you check stating you want to change your name back
    Then you get new ss card etc, moser paperwork


    Answer by fiatpax at 8:17 AM on Dec. 7, 2013

  • You sign your present legal name which is your married name. Isn't anyone, like a lawyer, giving you guidance on this?

    Answer by silverthreads at 8:05 AM on Dec. 7, 2013

  • thanks and no lawyer is helping me.

    Comment by christina122952 (original poster) at 8:23 AM on Dec. 7, 2013