Glucose in Urine anybody????

So I had a urinalysis done to check for a UTI ( which I DON"T have) but they did see that I had a HIGH amount of glucose in my urine and that I am dehydrated. Have any of you had this and it turn out NOT to go into gestational diabetes? I have been drinking a TON of water too. I am having a HARD time with the thought of NO sugar when EVERYTHING has sugar in it and I have been so sick that I eat whatever tastes good. MOSTLY SWEETS!!!! I need advice here. I am 15 weeks prego and already have enough problems with high blood pressure whihc is great right now because of meds. I just want to have my baby healthy that is all. !!!!!!!

momehopeful69

Asked by momehopeful69 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dont know, but its not all bad having gest. diabetes.Just find sweets with 9grams of sugar and less..thats what I did.You shouldnt worry about that until your glucose screening.So eat it up!
    sara3308

Answer by sara3308 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• If they are worrying about sugar then cut back some carbs. If you want sweets do so in moderation. Don't go nuts cause it will make it worse. Calm back, and most likely you can keep this under control with diet and exercise.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I am going to try to do it that way! THanks for the info on cutting back the grams of sugars what kinds of things only have that much sugar in them? Do youladies remember when you have your glucose screening. like I still have my cup of coffee in the morning with fat free vanmilla creamer but just a splash. Think that is ok? ANo other advice would be great!!!!
    momehopeful69

Answer by momehopeful69 at 10:35 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Yes actually. I had glucose in my urine every week of my pregnancy but I didn't have GD. The highest my sugar ever got was 134. It happens sometimes. I suggest buying a home glucose meter and doing self testing and take the results to your OB and discuss it with him. Home testing is far more accurate than the glucose tolerance test.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:42 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I think on my urine it was 70 . The normal was 29 above that was high. Where can I get a home glucose meter? Is it a urine thing or a blood thing?
    momehopeful69

Answer by momehopeful69 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• It is a blood thing. Maybe my note on your chatterbox won't apply now. I was talking about blood glucose levels there and a 70 on that is normal. I don't know about urine glucose testing though.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• OH Yeah ! it was urine not blood. Thanks for the help. I will keep youposted.
    momehopeful69

Answer by momehopeful69 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2009