Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do about child support

My daughter father begged me to take him off of child support. So when we had a court date back in January I went ahead and suspended the child support. He claimed that I never have him a chance and that I put him on child support right away. Now it's been almost an entire year and he hasn't helped. I actually have him money to come visit our daughter and to take her to the school dance.

I have thought about putting him back on but I'm so sick of the back and forth. Even when he was on he never paid it. It's really sad and I shouldn't have to force him to take care of his daughter. Now I'm trying to figure out if I should go back down to gay a court date or just leave it alone?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Dec. 7, 2013 in Relationships

Answers (18)
  • All up to you really. To me it was to much of a hassle to keep trying to get CS. So I never tried.

    Answer by louise2 at 10:22 AM on Dec. 7, 2013

  • Do you really think you're doing a good thing for your child to allow her father to NOT help in raising her? I wouldn't care what his excuse was. He could give you SOMETHING on a monthly basis,even if it was $20
    Keep his ass on child support

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:22 AM on Dec. 7, 2013

  • I work so hard to provide for our daughter while he moves from state to state and claim he don't have any money. It's not fair but I can't force him. He calls her everyday and see her every couple of months but he does nothing financially. And I'm struggling now because I got layed off last month. He didn't get my baby nothing for Christmas or her birthday. She will be 5 in January.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Dec. 7, 2013

  • He is not working so they will only require him to pay $50 a month and he won't pay it. It would just go into the arrears

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:33 AM on Dec. 7, 2013

  • I don't care. You keep an order in place,period

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 7, 2013

  • I think you screwed up by letting it be dropped to begin with. It doesn't matter if he doesn't pay, you fight for it anyway. My ex owes me nearly $27,000 in child support right now. I know I'll never see it, but I keep fighting for it because my kids deserve for me to fight for it - and because it shows them, quite clearly, that I DID try and that it is their FATHER who ignored them and their needs. When they're adults, they'll be able to see that I didn't just kick back and say "ah, screw it, we don't need that money, let him go live his life and leave us alone." They'll see that I knew they deserved better from him and I did everything in MY power to get them what they deserved. The blame will land where it belongs - ON MY EX.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 10:39 AM on Dec. 7, 2013

  • Well I didn't completely take him off, I just had them suspend it. So, I can go back down there too get a court date to reactivate it. I mean I did give him a year. He claim I only put him on child support out of spite which is bullshit. He never provides for my daughter and I put him on when my daughter was 9 months old.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Dec. 7, 2013

  • If he goes into arreage and claims taxes you will get his tax money! Get an order in place.. Also if by some chance he gets married and claims taxes with his wife you will get a cut of her taxes too...

    Answer by rachel216 at 10:51 AM on Dec. 7, 2013

  • Child support is meant to support the child. Who cares what he says about why you decided to get child support?

    Answer by mommy_jules at 10:55 AM on Dec. 7, 2013

  • Exactly mommy_jules

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Dec. 7, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.