Udate with DD

I posted the other night and thank you all for your advice. i tried talking to her but she is just set on one thing. my social life. i just don't understand what she wants. she told me to figure it out. i am saddened by this and at a loss for how to fix this problem

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• You tell her that you will dictate your own social lives and if you need a social director you will seek out someone's services.

I do have a wonder, Is she in a backhanded way saying that you are obsessing over her family too much? Basically, if you had a life of your own you wouldn't be so involved in hers? Maybe you should stop making dinner etc. and allow her to take up her role as mom, more. Just a thought.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• I don't understand why you would let your own child run your life??

Tell her to back the f*** off and stand up to her. It's your life. AND you don't have to do all the things you do for her. You are your own person.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• I have to agree with the others. You seem to be a very generous Mom, let her think what she wants and you do what makes you happy, no need to explain.

Here is link to the back story

DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 12:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• I must have missed something the other night.

If your daughter is an adult, then she needs to act like one and allow you the same courtesy.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• you dd is a spoiled brat
    Anonymous

• There Isn't a problem! Your social life is none of her business!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 4:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• Then tell her this.... " I am a grown woman. YOU need to get a life because I'm tired of you being in MY business."
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• My daughter says ..." you need to go to the grocery store and buy a box of Life cereal. Then the next time your daughter shows up, grab the box, push it in her face and say "What Now!! I got a Life!!" then proceed to do the in your face dance."

I think it's pretty sound advice. LOLZ!!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:22 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsqjrj-_iVM

Link for the in your face dance. LOL

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I went back and ready the background on this and want to add a slightly different perspective.
    My parents and Hubby's parents.
    Mine: very socially active, on the go, but also very involved in the grand-kids activities, live far away. Dad passed 7 years ago and we have NO worries about Mom because of her large and active social circle. Even though my closest sibling to her is 1000 miles away.
    Hubby's: failing health now, have absolutely no life outside of their daughters and grand-kids, they have no social circle, no activities. we worry constantly because they don't go out unless it is with one of the two daughters. It will be a case of once we lose on the other will soon follow.
    We have tried to discuss their activities and social circle many times, basically asking for them "to get a life" many times, and it is because we love them and are concerned about their physical and emotional well-being. Could this be her concern?
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 1:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2013