HELP...im 25 have two kids and i stay at home...

...i thought when i got pregnant with my first daughter that it would be easy to drop the weight i gained...I thought wrong..i was never small but i was okay with the way i looked. I got pregnant 4 months after gaining 60lbs with my frist pregnancy..i gained about 20ish more lbs with the second baby. I am 5'8 and about 270ish...i NEED to drop some weight...i cant afford the gym and we dont always have teh money to get the best types of food. Im going to start walking as soon as the weather isnt so cold. What else can i do or take that will help me out..i know water is good..but what else... please be nice... Thanks ...

mom2girliegirls

Asked by mom2girliegirls at 11:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Health

• home work outs, sit ups, push ups ect. Also try running in place (I know it sounds dumb but it works and you can do it for 5 mins here and another 5 mins later) Start slow and work your way up
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Check your local library for work out dvd's and videos - free.

happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 11:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My sister likes workout videos. She told me she recently got one that is dance. She said it is fun because it doen't seem like work.
    Katieasmom

Answer by Katieasmom at 11:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• go up and down steps, walk in place inside, do leg bends, and squats while watching tv. it is just as easy and efficient to use your house like a gym...want weight training...go grab a dining room chair...move it around as much as you can...lol. Any activity burns calories. stretch bend twist sit stand walk kick punch...anything.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 11:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Adjust your diet and don't cheat! No sodas, low sugar, low sodium and low saturated fats. Eat loads of fiber, nuts, seeds, veggies and fruits. Start reading the labels of the foods you buy. Try getting an aerobic trampoline (about $30 and can be used indoors). 5 minutes of bouncing is equivalent to 15 minutes of jogging.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:33 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I mean this is the nicest / real way possible....
    NEVER MAKE EXCUSES!!!!
    I too am in the same boat...different type!!!! :-)
    I was an "average" woman when I got pregnant and lost all of the weight immediately! Of course most of it goes to the fact that I could not afford much food, worked two jobs, went to school part time and was a single parent.
    Now....I weigh almost as much as I did when I was 9 months preggers!!!! Hello...big hit to the self-esteem!!!!!
    The key to losing weight is of course *diet and exercise*!!!!!
    But who wants to stop eating what they love (pastas and bread for me) and who has the energy to workout?
    What you need is motivation and incentive!!!!!!!!!!! Find a friend or family member who wants to lose weight and tone up! Motivate each other to do simple things such as takings a walk, doing physical activity, and generally working to achieve your goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    alexandersmom03

Answer by alexandersmom03 at 1:20 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Nevermind the working out part. You have to change your eating habits first otherwise you will become discouraged because working out isnt taking off the pounds.
    Take baby steps. Make easy, attainable goals.....like eating 2 apples a day or skipping the lat night snack. Simplicity is key!
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 1:23 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• do you have the wii fit, get that!!!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:51 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• please. i do all those things, have an excellent diet, used to walk 4 miles a day, cut the grass twice a week, did a workout dvd every damnded day adn still didn't lose weight. be sure the problem isn't medical like hormonal.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 9:49 AM on Feb. 20, 2009