What makes a good man?

Tell me ladies how did you know your SO OR HUBBY was the one? How long did you date before you got married? With all the lies and douche bags out there how did you know he was it? What qualities did he have or not have that made you say yes or no?

rachel216

Asked by rachel216 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2013 in Relationships

• Well, let's answer your first question: What makes a good man?? His parents!

I quit looking. When I quit looking and stopped dating, it seemed that all my past boyfriends showed up at my door... I have no idea.

I married a foreign guy. He's much different than any of the guys I ever dated here....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• my husband puts me and our son 1st. He keeps our wants and needs in mind.
    We met,and were married 9 months later,lol
    He was a good worker,dedicated and loyal. He was sweet and funny,patient and respectful.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• A good man is hardworking & honest. Not to mention respectful & kind. I've known my husb. my whole adult life. We were friends first. We actually dated about 1 1/2 yrs. before becoming engaged & were married about 1 1/2 yrs. after our engagement began. We've been married since '98. I will say I kissed a lot of frogs before I met my prince :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:44 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• Let's see, have to go back 24 years here. Married after only 4 month of dating.
    How did I know he was the one. He wanted to come over all the time. He wanted to be around me. He wanted to be with me even though I had 2 kids. Even though I was not going to have any more.

Answer by louise2 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• i'll let you know when the impossible happens...
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• I found mine on pure intuition...I knew we were meant to be together, and I went for it and I was right. He is loving after 42 years even more so than at the beginning, he is caring attentive and full of praise for me, always makes decisions together, shows a lot of love with actions and gestures. He has always provided for his family, and has spend most of his time with us, which has in turn created a loving home.

Answer by older at 8:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• Like m-avi said, it starts with his parents, a good foundation, hard working and confident.
    We dated 3 years before we got married and have been married 30 years.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 9:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• My husband and I didn't last. But I loved him from the start and still do. We just made a connection. My boyfriend that I have now and I have connected, too. It's just a deep sort of soul touch thing. It doesn't always mean you'll send the rest of your life together, I gess. Stuff happens.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• I've known DH (and that he was "the one") since we were in 6th grade. He is an honest, faithful, respectful, romantic guy who has the same values and feelings about things as I do. We've both just always known, so our relationship has had a long time to develop, even if we weren't together the entire time we've known one another (he moved in 7th grade, came back in 8th, we didn't get back together until after we graduated high school because we were both too afraid to put it out there again). We have always been best friends, and have always been there for one another, even during the time we weren't officially a couple. We've always been truthful with one another, just because we've always had such a close relationship. Ending up together is what we had both wanted for so long, we both know how important being together is to one another and how serious we are about making it work. We know, and love, each other completely.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• Oh, and we were best friends for 8 years before we got back together and were back together for 9 months before getting married - we knew, though, when finally admitted that we still were in love with each other, that getting back together would be a forever kind of thing. It was something both of us said - that we had known for so long and that getting back together could only mean that we'd never part again. So I'm honestly surprised, looking back, that it took the 9 months it did, lol. But there was no big proposal or anything, because it was a conversation we'd technically already had. We knew already that's where it was headed and that's what getting back together meant. One day we just kind of looked at each other and started talking about getting the license, and within a week or so we were married.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2013