What to get DF for Christmas....???

My mind is blank this year. Any creative ideas as to what I can get DF for Christmas? He is 51, works construction, owns a carpet/upholstery cleaning business.

Asked by jenny3344 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2013 in Holidays

• How much are we spending? You can get a gift certificate to Home Depot, Lowe's, Menards, etc....

Answer by m-avi at 10:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• I'll spend about $50 so a gift certificate is a good idea.

Comment by jenny3344 (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• I don't kow--heck, I'm drawing a blank for mine, too. It's hard; you get to a place in life where you don't really need or want anything. Well, you need lots of stuff, but money's tight, and you both know what you need, and you're both working on it, right? Is there a certain meal he really loves that you could make, or a really yummy dessert? Some great comcert you could get tickets to?

Answer by Ballad at 11:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• I could make him a special dinner and have a romantic night. That's a thought.

Comment by jenny3344 (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I am thinking a massage

Answer by Dardenella at 1:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Start with what are his favorites: sports, teams, colors, hobbies, etc. Where did he go to college? High school? Did he play sports in college or high school? I'd start there. Something he would like with his college or high school logo on it.

Or go the comedy route...some family "inside joke" might make a great gift. My uncle always promises to come visit but he never takes a as a joke Xmas gift...we sent "the hardest working man" a "vacation in a box" was a rope hammock and a can of mosquito repellant.

Or how about a special day with you doing something you both would enjoy. I'd take my grandpa fishing if he was still alive...that was his favorite was our thing, when I would come to mom would visit with grandma and my aunties...grandpa and I would go fishing.

Or how about something he'd like with his favorite photos printed on it? Deck of cards, blanket, puzzle...

Answer by vanillaorchida at 1:31 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• DF? As in Fiance? And you're only spending $50?

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:05 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I'm on a budget and that's all I can afford now. I'm sick and on disability. Christmas is more important for all the kids so that's where the money goes. So $50 is a good amount for df.

Comment by jenny3344 (original poster) at 3:16 AM on Dec. 8, 2013