Matching rashes on my kids?

My 4 year old is a drama queen so I didn't think much about her whining and having a tiny patch of rash on her back but now my 1 year old has the same rash in the same spot. What in the world would cause that? No new laundry detergent. We are all sick with a fever and cough and runny nose. I don't have a rash. It is a really wimpy rash.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 11:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2013 in Kids' Health

• When my SD had a slight rash around her middle and cold symptoms her ped said it was a common symptom of a virus in children.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Is it just on their back? Have you looked in their warm areas, behind the ears, under their arms?
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• That's strange. I'm wondering if they have a heat rash. With the air so dry and the home so warm, this could be it. Don't put any cream or lotion on it. If the house is warm enough allow the area to get fresh air, maybe a humidifier would help put moisture in the air too.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• Yes- it's just on their lower backs (where love handles would be) the baby has had a diaper rash for a few days, I thought that was because we used a new brand of diapers though. A really cheap brand I'd never heard of.

My fiance couldn't even see their rashes but I can. It's like goosebumps only slightly red.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• Just checked and the baby's rash is gone. The 4 year olds disappeared yesterday too but came back.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Dec. 7, 2013