Has anyone bought or used a bumbo seat for their infant/ child?

I have been trying the ages it is good for and haven't been able to find it on any site I have look.
Any help or experiences is apreciated.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 11:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2013 in Shopping

• Both my kids HATED the bumbo. I thought it was the COOLEST thing but they just did their damndest to get out of the thing! I read it was horrid for their posture too, they need to learn to sit up by themselves.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• I have heard that they are best for 6 months and up. They need to be able to sit up on their own before using it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:55 PM on Dec. 7, 2013

• no
    christina122952

Answer by christina122952 at 12:22 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• My kids wouldn't sit still in it. They always tipped the thing over. Not worth the money!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:30 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I can add that my 4 year old was obsessed with it when the baby tried it. She loved putting her toys in it, getting her butt stuck in it and turning it upside down as a helmet.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:32 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I never used one but my cousin had her first baby three weeks before I had my daughter, and she just had to have one. She thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:42 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I had one for my Son. he hated it too. He wasn't a really chubby baby but he had to be squished in it then he couldn't move. I gave mine away. They have them at ToysRUs.com for $44. There was a huge problem when they first came out that people placed them on a table or counter & the babies were falling out so they were recalled then a caution sticker was put on them then they were recalled again & now they have a belt.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:19 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I had a knockoff that someone had given me. My son never really sat in it. When I put him in it he'd look at me like I was nuts and within seconds he'd begin to slouch. Once he was old/strong enough to fill it up and sit correctly he was also old enough to get up and crawl out of it, which was exactly what he did.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 8:42 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I thought they were recalled. They're only good until they could sit by themselves. Then you don't need it. I think it would be a waste.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Thanks Staci.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2013