University of Oregon football players attack man driving by

the video has gone viral now and people are emailing the school demanding disciplinary action. Except, they're football players. Think the school will bother to do anything?

Some of the places the video is being posted have isolated individual players in freeze frames and named them by name, including the asshole who went after the driver in the car and totally blocked the windshield while he was driving.

Students get out of hand during Friday's snowfall

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 11:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• There's been increasing pressure lately on high schools and colleges to get control of their errant athletes. I hope they'll do something. Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but with the video going viral--well, public shaming sometimes works wonders.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Thanks for sharing! I had no ideal this happened!
    I hope like hell there is disciplinary action taken! Bowl game or not!
    If that were me, I'd be furious!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 1:00 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• The school won't do a goddamned thing. If that were me, I've stayed in the car and dialed 911 as soon as it started. Wth is wrong with people these days?! That is not ok, and anyone who thinks so is mentally disturbed.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I had a friend who taught statistics at the university I attended and she had a "one strike and you're out" policy regarding football/basketball players. She had the support of the university, but grudgingly. As this was years ago I suspect that not much will happen with these kids. We're such a sports driven society that many parents start enabling these kids from an early age. If they show any athletic promise at all, that enabling persists through higher education.
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 10:50 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• That could have potentially in the really wrong direction.....it was already heading that way. If i were the driver id been scared shitless. A pack of athlete wolves like that are driven by emotions and hormones and not one rational thought.
    The school should absolutely do something to insist on respect for all fellow human beings.
    Makes me wonder what would have happened had it been a pretty woman in that car and she got out.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• As someone who follows Oregon football, I don't recognize any of the current team in this video. But, if I were the coach, I'd tell them they have now signed themselves up to shovel snow at some of the senior citizen homes in town...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• wow...the school is actually responding the right way! they've suspended one player and are looking into suspending others. they've also got the police department working on it.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/oregon-football-player-suspended-snowball-fight-others-could-145049330--abc-news-topstories.html

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2013