Regarding your SO of many years. . . .

would you rather be like "two ships passing in the night" as strangers or be alone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Dec. 8, 2013 in Relationships

• I'd rather be alone. Two ships passing is sad and being sad makes me very depressed. I'd rather be alone and independent, confident, happy with a social life meeting and connecting with other people. Life is too short to be unhappy.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 2:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I already answered this question but I'm one of the insomniac/drunk CMs so I'll answer it again.....Now I forgot the question so my answer is yes.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 3:44 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I don't get it. If my REAL SO of many years & I were seeming like two ships passing in the night, I'd want to address that & work on things! No, I don't want to tolerate disconnect like that but I also don't want to just leave/be alone (if it's my actual partner I'm thinking of in this hypothetical situation.)
    Being alone/leaving isn't the only way to respond to a situation you find undesirable! lol
    If you mean is it preferable to be alone or to be in a bad relationship, I'd say alone. Being alone isn't something to avoid at ANY cost (as if even a bad or unsatisfying relationship is better than being alone.) But that's criteria I apply back when BEGINNING a relationship. I don't believe in settling just so I won't be alone.
    But if it's a matter of encountering issues/disappointments/struggles IN a relationship, I don't tend to think either/or (if I'm unhappy, leave.) I think about RESPONDING to that unhappiness. ADDRESSING it!
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 8:42 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Would I prefer to lose him or never had known him? It has been such a joy to have had him in my life that I would not want things changed.

Answer by Bmat at 8:51 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I would rather be alone. I don't want to just co exist with my SO.
    zoriah26

Answer by zoriah26 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• You mean like, more of a room mate type thing?

Answer by louise2 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Yes, Louise, feeling like roommates. : (
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Damn. Both of those sound like sucky options. No thanks.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• They both suck. To me. If you can afford to, being alone is better I guess.

Answer by louise2 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• neither, it's no way to live but I know a few people doing the ships passing thing.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2013