Regarding Angel Trees. . . .

What do they do with all those unchosen angels? Does the organization go out and buy things for the youngsters? Or do they have to give them some sad news?

zboys

Asked by zboys at 3:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2013 in Holidays

• Omg I never thought about this. I sure hope the organization gets them gifts. That would be a double whammy if they didn't.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 3:29 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I've wondered about that.
    I have no idea
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:20 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Those are fake names with gift wants that are put on those trees.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• "Those are fake names with gift wants that are put on those trees. "

What would be the point of that?
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 10:51 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• The Angel Tree is a program through the Salvation Army. Anyone that does not get adopted, the Salvation Army uses the money that they raised through their Red Kettle program to buy the gifts of the unadopted names.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Where do you get your information, Anonymous?
    zboys

Comment by zboys (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I asked at K-Mart about a giving tree one year, and at least at that particular store on that particular occasion, I was told that the names that weren't chosen would be covered by a donation program from a local police station.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• The ones ran by the Salvation Army get gifts purchased by them. Last year, I worked for the SA and we spent hundreds of dollars buying gifts, and were a little scared we were going to run out of money for the rest of the year, when a guy came in and wrote us a check for 10,000.00 to cover everything!!! Total happy dance that day. We were able to buy for everyone, plus we picked several families who were especially hard hit, and gave them food, toys, blankets, etc and paid their electricity bills. I loved that job.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2013