Medical Coding/Billing or Medical Office Administration

I'm thinking about going back to school for one or the other above. I don't know where I can find a good online school for medical coding/billing. I do have a shcool for Admin but I would have to cut my work days/times in half so I'm trying to do both. Has anyone gone to school for either of these professions? Any advice is welcome.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Dec. 8, 2013 in Money & Work

• Medical coding is probably going to continue to grow with changes to the ICD codes. Medical Office Administration will probably not open any doors to you if you don't have a good deal of experience to back it up.

There are several reputable schools out there. Check out the AHIMA website for direction
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 11:42 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I agree with the above answer ^^^
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I second that agreement!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Billing/coding. Then you can work just about anywhere. After you gain experience in the field, you could always work your way up to management. These days, in the medical field you need to be specialized and certified to get anywhere.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2013