Can you help me out?....I am second guessing a gift.

So, I take care of a sweet little 18 month old girl and every time the trash truck comes we drop everything......even stop lunch...... to go outside or to the window to watch it as it goes to every house on her cul de sac and then drives out of sight. The driver knows us and waves. The baby waves.

I saw an adorable, sturdy, trash truck with driver and a working lever to dump the trash barrel....couldn't resist it because of how we "share" trash pickup day. I got it for her for Christmas. Just a fun gift. Now I am second guessing my choice and I'm wondering if her mom will think I am loony for getting her little girl a truck. I would not be offended, but just don't know now. I basically have looked at it too long and starting to question the choice!

What do you think? Would you be offended? Thanks as always!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2013 in Holidays

• I think it's perfect. I would love that the person caring for my child made things special for her and obviously cared about my child. Don't second guess the gift.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I think that is a perfect gift. Does the mom know about the special tradition? If not, I would tell her about it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Let mom know the context, if you haven't done so already. My son also loved the trash truck when he was tiny.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• If a mom cares because you got her child a gift, then she has a problem. Girls play with trucks just as much as boys do and it is obviously something she is interested in.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Would I be offended? Not at all. I would think it was a great gift, especially if I knew she liked the garbage truck so much.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I think it's a great gift! My girls loved trucks when they were younger.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• The gift is a well thought out one, don't second guess.....

Answer by older at 1:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Oh, get it for her and share the memory with her mom; it's wonderful! One of the gifts I remember most from my childhood is a little Blazer truck I got from my uncle, my mom's brother. I played with that truck for hours, putting my Little People in it and driving them around on the rug. You never know what will click with a kid, and that truck was a big deal for me. Trucks rule for little girls. Heck, sometimes I wrapped that truck up in a blanket and carried it around like a baby doll. Why would the mom be offended anyway?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I want one for my girls!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Sounds great!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2013