Don't you just love it when your other half and family reminisce about the day you gave birth?

They always go on about how long the day was, and the waiting room had no tv, cafe served bad food and so on.
Strangely enough I don't remember it being a barrel of laughs for me either!
I'll try and be quicker with baby number 2 honest!
Having one of those days as you can tell.

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 6:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2013 in Just for Fun

• LOL! Tell them the next time they should pack their own bag too. They can bring an I-pad, Kindle, etc. And to pack a lunch. Hospital food is notoriously nasty. Then you will do your part by bringing forth another human life into the world. :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• my SIL just gave birth a few days ago. when we visited at the hospital my brother kept talking about how he pulled a muscle in his arm holding SIL's leg. i said "oh yeah we feel sooooo bad for you" in my most obvious sarcastic voice...cause SIL looked like she would KILL him! how anyone can complain or compare what they did on the day of a birth to the mom is ludicrous!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Mine has not gone down that road, but I can't imagine I would be very patient with him if he did. *Eye roll.*
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• My ex knew better than to do that.

With the 1st one, he didn't actually believe I was in labor (thought it was false labor since I was 3 wks early) and, he refused to bring in any of the hospital bags until after I was seen. I was checked in a room, hooked up to the monitor within minutes. My ex then asked the nurse..."So, she's really in labor?". The nurse said, "yep, her contractions are 3 min apart, you're staying here". He then looked at me and said "I'll go get the bags".

With my 2nd, my ex took so long to get home & bring me to the hospital that I was "crowning" upon arrival. And, gave birth exactly 13 minutes after being checked in.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Ah man that day was crazy for me everyone and their neighbours saw my goods....lol I recall people coming and going and people asking me if I wanted all these people around. The only words I could get out of my mouth was ice chips and no ice chips. I did a complete natural birth and it took forever.
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 7:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• LOL!

Howdy Hormones!

No worries little miss, reassure them that the hospital has undergone renovations and pack a delicious roast in your baby bag! :P
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:22 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Five kids, never have had the experience you are speaking of, sorry.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Lol, I love to hear other people's perspective of that day. I was passed out between contractions so I missed a lot. I really loved hearing my husband tell his brother how important it was for him to be there for the birth of his first child. He spoke so deeply and lovingly about how intense and amazing the experience was when our son was born. It almost brought me to tears.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 9:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• No. Neither of us ever mention the day I gave birth. Not even when family engages in the labour pissing contests where they give us all the details.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 4:02 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• When they reminisce they are thankful b/c I almost lost my first DS. He swallowed meconium, went into distress, had an emergency csection, he was flown be helicopter to a children's hospital, stayed in the nicu for 3 days on a ventilator, then thank God he lived. So needless to say no one was worried about the food, etc.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 8:57 AM on Dec. 10, 2013