What do you do to help get you through cabin fever?

OMG, they called off school again tomorrow. I'm not sure we will all survive another snow day. I'm going to look for vodka drink recipes right now. I think I'm going to hurt someone, it might as well be myself.

I honestly don't know what to do with the kids tomorrow. I'm hoping the post office will be open. Maybe I can get a box sent.

What kinds of activities do you to do keep your kids busy and happy? Mine usually play with the neighbors, but nobody was real active today for some reason. DD played in the back yard, but DS was a home body and stayed inside. Maybe we will bake some cookies tomorrow or something.
Any suggestions?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 7:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Rent some movies & have popcorn.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I just let them play... they have enough toys & crap to keep them busy. I still have their 10-6 technology ban on so they are forced to find something to do. It's never really a problem.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Ages? I agree with chores and getting donations together. If it is driveable maybe the library.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Chores! Clean out closets & dressers & toy boxes. Gotta make room for the new stuff they'll be getting for Christmas right?! ;p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• BTW- how many snow days do your kids get? At this rate they'll be in school til July!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• christmas crafts day!

cut a christmas tree out of newspaper or posterboard or whatever- give them stuff to glue on them, cut out ornament shapes...
    tht kind of thing
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• how old are they ?
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 7:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I'm right there with ya, girlfriend! We had a gingerbread house for today, which was cool. School's on tomorrow, for which I am grateful!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Let them help you wash dishes, sort laundry, sign Christmas cards and mail them, have a coloring party...Visit the Nursing Home and take the elderly some candy canes and little chocolates in cute little wrapped baggies...The elderly are extremely lonely during the Holidays...

Play board games, card games, ping pong at the kitchen table...

Have them wash inside windows and see who can get the dirtiest paper towel as a competition...

Let them read some good books or watch some decent movies...

Make some Christmas stockings out of old fabric...let them hand stitch them...

There's always tons of things for kids to stay busy doing.

We homeschool...so I'm with the kiddo 24/7...It's a blessing, really.

AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 9:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• I would Make cookies and hot chocolate ready to make. Then bundle every one (no arguments) outsides for a snowball fight or to build a snow man. If you decide on a snowman put a carrot and two large black buttons (or something) in a bag before hand. Enjoy doing that or making snow angels while the cookies cool. Then everyone in for cookies and hot chocolate after changing into warm dry clothes. You make a tent with a blanket and a card table or similar and set up a movie to watch.

You can an indoor snowball fight by rolling up socks and using these as snow balls and the "forts" are the couches and chairs.

Quiet time of reading and then possibly a board game or two and make a special dinner together for daddy who missed out. Or save the indoor fight until daddy comes home and can play too.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2013