do you support the breast cancer research?

What I mean is, when there is a product with the pink ribbon on it, do you spend the extra few dollars for that item so that you are helping out that way? On my normal purchases, if it has anything to do with it, then I will spend the extra few dollars on it. I just got a new pair of Oakleys, and I'm not going to go into detail, but I upgraded to the B.C.A. version. It was only like an extra 20 i think, but thats the least I can do. you know? I was just curious?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes i do my aunt has it so im doing it for her
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 11:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I do, I went shopping for golf clubs with my DH and I bought a set that was B.C.A. they were ALOT more like $200 but they were worth it, three months later I learned my aunt had cancer so I thought it was money WELL SPENT
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I try to.

I don't buy just anything pink ribbon, but if I like the design and I need one of what ever it is, I buy the pink ribbon one.
    Anonymous

• yes, mom is a breast cancer survivor---my sister's mother-in-law is also. I have one neice and I want to contribute as much as I can because of the possibility.
    I pay extra because of the women in my life--we all deserve a long life and hopefully a long life free of cancer.
    emme1964

Answer by emme1964 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Yeah I do that all the time. My grandmother died of breast cancer and I do whatever I can to help.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i didn't mean to hit anon. oops!
    i LOVE those clubs!!!! I don't have a set personally. .. ... yet. . .haha
    I told my hubby that i REALLLY want a set. I don't mind the extra money at all.
    my aunt has it, and we're still waiting for the all clear.
    AliciaO

Answer by AliciaO at 11:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Nope. My grandmother died of cancer in 1953. My mother died of cancer in 1999. With fifty years of getting money for research and they still can't find a cure then they are not trying hard enough and I don't want to be funding some administration's vacation in the bahamas. I saw how big business cancer treatment is now and in my opinion they do not want to find a cure bc the doctors would lose billions of dollars. These doctors have their own clinics and labs....it's all about the money. Why would they want to find a cure when the greed keeps their pockets full? Yes, I am just a TAD bitter.
    Anonymous

• My family is very affected by cancer of all kinds, including breast cancer. I don't support "breast cancer research" just to support it. What do they mean by "breast cancer research"??? If they say "$10 of this purchase goes to the Susan G Komen For The Cure" or another well-known foundation, I will consider it. But "breast cancer research" doesn't necessarily mean they are truly donating to a useful organization (or any organization at all).

The only thing worse, in my mind, is "breast cancer awareness". Is there seriously anyone in our country who isn't "aware" of breast cancer?

That being said, I have many items with ribbons on them. Mine are mainly teal, since my mother has ovarian cancer. I just won't spend extra money on them to buy the ribbon. I make my donations directly.
    Anonymous

• I do even more now, I know that sounds bad, but I think you support more when you actually see breast cancer. On December 29, 2008 I went to Sacramento to be there for my oldest cousin, (she had her left breast removed). I had never witnessed the fear and sadness of someone the night before surgery and then the next day, breast gone and she was in great spirits. I love her.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Yes, My maternal grandmother and my mother both had radical mastectomy's. I have a lot of pink things. My favorite is my pink kitchen (pink appliances).

DAWN-10

Answer by DAWN-10 at 11:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2009