I have a 7yr old Son, for the past 3 wks I've noticed he's had a type of rash the folds by his Penis and scrotum, a little on his butt and a couple red bumps on back of his legs close to the butt.

Fades for a few days with Lotramin but does not go .away. He says it does not hurt or itch. Help!

Caleb913

Asked by Caleb913 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• What did his physician say about it?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Sounds to me like he's not wiping well enough after he poops....but his doctor wold be a better person to ask.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• You have to use the Lotrimin for 2-4 weeks to cure it if it actually is jock itch (the directions on the tube says so).... maybe it's time to call the doc on this one
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• And his pediatrician says?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Sounds like a cleaning issue.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2013

• Well what does his DOCTOR say about it? Because in all honesty that is who you should be asking. All we are going to tell you is follow up with his DOCTOR.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:13 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Hasn't seen a Dr. yet...I guess I wanted to see if I should or not. I'm not the type to run to a Dr. for every little thing. I actually agree with the wiping after going to bathroom. We have got him the cleansing wipes as well to use, he likes them. Anyway thanks for the input.
    Caleb913

Comment by Caleb913 (original poster) at 10:39 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Good start. I would have started with something over the counter for fungus. Ring worm loves the private areas of little boys. Sounds like my son's ring worms. But my son had ring worm from Hell. We had to get a special non over the counter medication and see a dermatologist because his was crazy bad. We were already super clean and couldn't really change anything up. It just happens. Some people are just more easily able to get bad versions of common childhood issues. If no improvement after a few days, usually you see some improvement happening, then call his doctor. Especially if it gets worse not better. Or it could b a different kind of rash. We had red bumps once...scarlet fever. Okay, that was not a fun one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Dec. 10, 2013