If I have to suffer through that commercial one more time ...

I'm seriously going to turn into Atilla the Hun!

It's an ad from some drug company pushing an asthma controller medication for people who need something more than a daily inhaler. It features a hubby whining about a wife waking him up with her cough *again* last night, a boss bitching about his colleague missing a business meeting *again* because of her asthma, a kid moping about how he wishes his mom can take him to the park but she can't because of her breathing, and a girlfriend moaning about how her bestie has missed the last three weekends out because it has been too cold for her lungs. Well, okay, people, she'll just go on the stupid drug that will raise her risk of infections, certain cancers, and liver failure, so she can be at your business meeting and you can get your precious beauty sleep, and she can take your selfish asses out to lunch and to the park already! Grrr!

Rant over. We now return to your regularly scheduled programming. Good night all.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 2:03 AM on Dec. 9, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Being sarcastic doesn't bother me. What bothered me is the statement "she'll just go on the stupid drug that will raise her risk of infections, certain cancers, and liver failure" Many people take these drugs to have a better life. Statements like that should not be made because we are not doctors!
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 3:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• There are tricks she can learn

Most medications have side effects. Next time you pick up one of your drugs from the pharmacy read the list they give you. My cousin suffers with asthma. Without the meds she would have no life. There are no tricks for her. So you you have some proven tricks let me know because her doctor doesn't.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 2:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Which is?

Uncontrolled asthma symptoms get in the way of living a normal life... It's fairly obvious
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:15 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• I think you are missing the point....
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:05 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• They promote prescription drugs because drug vendors pay the Dr' s a visit, leave samples etc.
    And BB, you would be surprised how many people want what they see on T.V.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 9:43 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• There are tricks she can learn

Then it wouldn't be uncontrolled asthma would it. You can learn all the tricks in the book and they may not do you any good.
    Some people just need medication - don't judge them because you don't.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• I don't even know why they promote prescription drugs. The doctor is not going to give you something because you mention you saw it in a commercial

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:05 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Mute button works for me.

Answer by louise2 at 8:21 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• I hate all of those prescription commercials. Seems like I would rather suffer through the ailment that I have than go through the possible side effects they list. Seems like the medicines are what kills people than the actual disease, etc... But I agree with you, some of those are a little over the top and dramatic.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Pharmaceutical companies sell drugs.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:33 AM on Dec. 9, 2013