Want to come wash my back? adult content

Baby just power puked on my shirt and her clothes from a dead sleep so I took my shirt off, undressed her, changed the bedding and ran to the bathroom holding her to get a towel for her skin and she power puked down my back. All the while she is flipping out crying wanting to be nursed back to sleep so I wiped myself with the towel but couldn't reach it all one handed holding a screaming, scared one year old.

Damnit. Damnit. Damnit.

Laying here nursing her back to sleep knowing (and smelling) baby vomit is on my back. I cant take a shower if she wakes up she will flip out if I am gone.

Oh my word sick kids are not fun. Poor little miss but poor me too.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:27 AM on Dec. 9, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ugh! You poor things. I don't handle vomit so well, so I can appreciate wanting to get that shower. Where is your SO? Can't he help you out?
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:12 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Aww, puke smell sucks. I'm sorry you are dealing with a sick baby.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Awe, poor little one, I hope she feels better soon. These are the times you'll look back on & say "remember when....?". My Son had pneumonia last winter twice & one night he coughed so hard that he puked his whole undigested dinner all over his bed, pillow, sheets, comforter, hair & rug. I just did not know what to clean first. He was shivering so I cleaned him with a warm wash cloth & redressed him. Then stripped the bed & rolled everything into a ball & put it on the floor in the laundry room. I had to be silent as not to wake the baby. It's the worst when the kids are sick. You feel so bad for them, I'd rather it be me sick.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:13 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Aw, I would in a heartbeat, Mama!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:28 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Is she still mostly breastfeeding? If so, at least you have that on your side. I'd rather clean up baby breastfed puke than any other puke (in fact, our 7 year old got sick in her bed last night :( ).

*Hugs* Feel better, little one.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Stomach bugs are the worst :/ Those messes are my least favorite to clean up (and for some reason mine always get it into the weird places at two am, what is up with that?). And the smell. Oh the smell! Last time ODD got sick (found out the fun way she is a nervous puker. Yay us.) she got sick all over her bed twice, I washed her pillow pet so many times it had to be restuffed, and it still smelled funky.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2013

• Yes she is still mostly breastfed. She eats food too but not a ton.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2013