Why am I sooo tired?

Ok well alittle about me... I had a miscarriage on the 22nd of Jan bled for about a week. For about 2-3 weeks after I felt really good other then the emotional part. For the last week or so I have felt really tired. I get anywhere from 6-8 hours of sleep a night plus I end up taking a nap every day. I still take my prenatals so I know it's not a lack of taking a vitamin. What other reason could I be this tired? Could it be my body trying to get back to normal after a miscarriage?

Ms.MarineWife

Asked by Ms.MarineWife at 11:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Health

• could be mild PPD since you were pregnant... or just general mild depression from the miscarriage... could be anemia...

I'd ask your doctor sweetie.

I'm sorry for your loss BTW
    Anonymous

• Sorry about your miscarriage, thats terrible!

Do you feel alright? Maybe you are depressed.
    Anonymous

• I miscarried jan 11, so i know how ur feeling and im sorry for ur loss.. ive been tired too.. i think maybe just stress w/ the whole situation, also from bleeding real heavy it could be a mild case of anemia, from losing iron. I would chk with ur doc if ur real worried, im here if u need to talk! I know it all just sux
    blue7eyed3girl

Answer by blue7eyed3girl at 11:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I didn't have really bad bleeding it was like a normal period. The first day was bad other then that it wasn't. I really am not all that depressed to tell the truth I am pretty happy. We have people staying with us, and my best friend is coming to visit in a few weeks. Don't get me wrong it still hits me but I can look at pregnant women and not break down. I still take vitamins with iron and I wasn't anemic (sp?) when they tested me with the miscarriage. I have no clue whats going on....
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 11:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I am sorry for your loss.
    When I was 19 I had a miss. I was excited to be preggers and then very sad to have lost it. I just moved forward, little did I know that not feeling my emotions would set me up for years of depression.
    You are tired becuase either.
    1. You body is adjusting to the major change it has gone through.
    2. You are in fact in a state of depression and probably need to talk with a counselor. (i wish i would have)
    3. you have a medical issue. Just because you are on vitamin doesnt mean that are safe. Anemia can be a problem before during and after such an even.
    4. you could have a infection
    5. You are just tired and need to add a hour or two on to the normal hours you get a night....and keep up with the naps. your body will tell you if you need it.....listen to your body!
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 1:15 AM on Feb. 20, 2009