Should I take her to the E.R what would you do?

My almost 2 and a half year old was playing in her big sisters room the other day who is 8 and a half and I guess my 2 year old fell and hit her butt bone on her sisters radio (she doesnt wear diapers anymore and takes her clothes off every minute she gets so she was wearing a shirt, but no undies) so I looked didn't see anything so I was like ok she is fine since after bugging her she seemed to be fine. This was on Saturday.

Then Sunday morning she was crying and wanted me to pick her up and she wouldn't climb the stairs she wouldnt sit down and when she tried to bend over to get her cup off the floor she started crying so wouldn't do it. We were going to take her to the ER or so I wanted to (but I don't drive so dh would have to take us) dh wanted to not take her he said because they cant do anything for that anyway. So we decided to see how she did over dh's grandma's before taking her well we put her in the carseat she was fine not crying nothing to which he said if she cracked that bone or anything she wouldn't been able to sit in the car because he was hitting bumps she wasn't crying.

So we get to his grandma's and she was fine just bending down really slowly to sit and she sits on her knees rather than her butt. So we get home she was fine for a little then started crying again cause her butt bone was hurting then she started crawling around which dh said its because she will get around anyway she can so it doesn't hurt.

Now this morning she was crying again of it hurting and noticed first thing in the morning she wont sit on the potty to go but after being up for a little she will. It seems it bothers her more first thing in the morning. Like right now she is sitting on her toy box on her butt fine and everything, but if she bends down she does it slowly she does have a bruise. I don't know if I should have it checked or is it just bruised. She is fine now, but seems to bother her in the mornings and close to bedtime

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 8:32 AM on Dec. 9, 2013 in General Parenting

• It wouldn't hurt to have it checked but the ER is not the place to go. You'll need to see her physician or go to urgent care.
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 8:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• ok thanks
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 8:38 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• I don't know that I would do the ER unless it's after hours. I would have her checked out though. If the doctors wants x-rays he'll tell you that. May be just horribly bruised right now. Do take her to a doctor to be sure everything is ok. Men do tend to under react sometimes. If your gut says take her then just do it. I'd rather they tell me it's nothing than have it be something that should have been treated immediately.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:00 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• I agree that she should be seen. Urgent care usually takes less time than ER.

Answer by Bmat at 9:00 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• I would take her to an urgent care that can do X-rays. Maybe call around to find out hours of the urgent cares in your area.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Sounds like it's just bruised or something. I'm sure it will be fine. I would go to a doctor rather thant eh ER if you are that worried about it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:32 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• It sounds like the poor thing just bruised her tailbone. See her pediatrician, who may refer you to an orthopedist. But ten to one, you're just going to hear that time will heal her up and there's not much you can do. I've bruised my tailbone twice, once by falling on the ice and once when a hammock I was lying in came loose from the patio roof. There's not a whole lot medically that can be done, and it hurts like a big dog. The body just has to heal itself. Crafty is our expert around here about heat and ice and when to use which, so I hope she sees this question. Heat seemed to help me, but I don't know if that's right. I wish there was a way to tag Crafty. Best of luck to you and your little one.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Take her to her pediatrician
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:28 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• thanks Ballad she is actually doing much better now seems like it bothers her first thing in the morning
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2013