When making chicken pot pie

Does it have a bottom crust as well as the top crust?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I make mine that way, depends on what you are using for "crust"? I make a pot pie using biscut mix as well, that one just has the top crust, if you are making more of pie crust you need th bottom, in order to get as much carbs as possible, LOL.
    JK, the thinner the crust the more there is the better it taste, thick crust on top, bottom and sides tends to taste doughy.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 10:50 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Mine does, if I'm using a traditional pie crust. If i'm just putting biscuits or cornbread on top, then no. Sometimes I'll put a mashed potato or rice shell on the top or on the bottom instead of a crust entirely. The possibilities are limitless, really. You can even make a bread shell, or a spaghetti shell.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:57 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• It can. I use regular pie crust - Pillsbury, actually. ;)

Sometimes I use a bottom crust. Sometimes I don't. *shrug* They eat it.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• I'm lazy so mine only has a top crust.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• I do not like working with anything that needs to be rolled out so avoided doing pot pies for a long time. Then I found a recipe for Runza that uses the refrigerator crescent rolls. I tried using them for a pot pie and my family loved it. I like a top and bottom crust and this works well for with two crusts.
    AuntieV

Answer by AuntieV at 4:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• "Pot Pie" for us means something totally different here.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• yes
    christina122952

Answer by christina122952 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2013