Car sunshade- should the black side be out in the winter instead of silver???

I know it sounds rather dumb but I was thinking that maybe the black side should be out instead of silver and it would help warm the car, or at least the windshield more so there might be less frost or ice on it??? I like using the sunshade even in the winter to keep the sun off my plastic dashboard (haven't bought a dashmat yet). Any idea if that will make a difference at all??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Dec. 9, 2013 in General Parenting

• You could always try it and see what it does. I don't know if it would actually make a difference or not, but you could give it a shot. If it doesn't make any difference, then you just go back to the silver side being out.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:01 AM on Dec. 9, 2013

• I would assume the black side would make it warmer since black absorbs heat. I don't know though. Try it.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 8:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2013