Have you heard/taken Maca Root anyone? I have a few questions, if you can help.

I just recently heard of the benefits of Maca Root, so I purchased a bottle of Nature's Way, the one on the picture. So I do work out a lot and eat a healthy diet. Would like to know though, if I can take these in replacement of my protein powder? I heard they are great for athletic people cause they build muscle mass. I need lots of help with my hormones, so definitely interested in that and the energy and other benefits you can get from these is great so that's why I'm giving them a try.

But curious if anyone knows how come they don't have the milligrams...?

JovannaH

Asked by JovannaH at 11:45 AM on Dec. 9, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

Level 1 (-11 Credits)
  • I did some research when I was looking for hormone supplements. The only place I could find it was the health co-op. I used it in smoothies. However, it did not help with the hormonal issues.

I've done so much researching on various "natural" alternatives to things... but when it comes right down to it, those "natural" alternatives have every bit as many side effects as anything else.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Maca Root is a good supplement and one that can help with hormone balance depending on where the imbalance is. My preferred hormone balance method is the use of progesterone cream, though. You have to know the dosage you need for yourself so these supplements are best if you have a naturopathic doctor working with you to know what dose you need since every body is different. I do not purchase my maca as a pill but purchase the raw powder form and will actually begin to grown and produce my own plants. There are different variations of maca root that will provide different results. Basically, there are a lot of variables.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 15, 2014