how to break my water safely at home

i tried everything to break my water. i tried sex and spicy food and they didnt work. my contractions are really bad but i dont want to go to the hospital unless my water breaks. im not sure if it already broke because this is my first pregnacy but my pad keeps getting wet so im not sure what to do.

tinaandzack

Asked by tinaandzack at 2:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Leave it alone and keep in contact with your doctor who will let you know when it is time to go to the hospital.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• You can not do it safely, only a doctor can. Please allow your child to come at his or her own pace.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Call your doctor, sometimes your water never breaks!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Have you tried walking a lot? Walk up and down stairs. Sometimes the movement helps speed things along. Please do not put anything up inside yourself or ingest anything in the hopes of breaking your water. It is dangerous!!!!!!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• WTF!
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Here is a search of that same question with 43 results from the last three months.  

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/search.php?keyword=How+to+break+my+water&days=90

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Also, my last son.... which was number 3.... when my water broke.... he was born literally 4 minutes later.... no joke.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• You DON'T. Unless you want to put yourself and the baby at risk?

Answer by gdiamante at 2:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• I get reported on shit like this. So I'm just going to say potato.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 2:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Just so you're aware, not everyone's water breaks by itself. Mine only did once, out of three kids.

If you're having consistent contractions that are regular and 5-7 minutes apart you need to call labor and delivery whether or not your water has broken.

And no, there's not a safe way for you to do this
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 2:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2013