Question about crockpot cooking time ...

If I have a recipe for chicken in the slow cooker but I want to try it with pork chops, do I use the same time of four hours or count on a longer cooking time? Thanks.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 2:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2013 in Food & Drink

• You'll probably be fine with 4 hours.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• What are you doing with them?
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Sounds wonderful, I bet it will be delicious. I would think it would shred really well! Love the low fat and brown rice!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Thanks. There was a special on pork chops at the store, so I'm getting creative with ways to use them lately.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• One can cream of mushroom soup. One soup can of salsa. A smidge of water. A pinch of chili seasoning mix. Three boneless pork chops. I usually use chicken breasts or thighs.I cook them in the crockpot for about four hours, then shred the chicken and stir in a third to a half a cup of sour cream and heat through. I serve the meat and sauce over rice with tortillas. My family loves it on a cold night, so I thought I'd try it with pork chops. Not sure if the meat will be shreddable or if we'll end up cutting it up and eating it that way, but it should be good whichever way it turns out, and I figured I'd get through some of these chops. I found them for $2.99 a pound, which is unheard of lately, but we're getting a bit tired of them. I found the recipe on Sparkpeople, and you'd never know it's low-fat. I use reduced calorie soup and sour cream, and nobody has a clue at all. Also brown rice.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2013