So- I have sewn fabric together to put by under the doors to prevent drafts- but what can I fill them with?

I can't get to the store, I don't have rice or bird seed to fill them. Is there anything I would have around the house that could work?

Anyone have a bright idea? I have cat litter but that just seems disgusting and if it got wet- EW!

I thought maybe I could stuff them with all the baby onesies I have to donate but they wouldn't fold up right.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 5:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• rolled up newspaper or magazines

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Do you have a lot of dry beans? What about the Styrofoam from an old bean bag? You can stuff them with old fabric too, according to Google, so just stuff the Onesies in there
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 5:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Food products are out- we need to eat whatever we have! I was thinking toys- we have a TON of those. LOL- kind of bumpy though.

A lot of the baby clothes have stains so maybe I could just cut them to fit. We have one bean bag but it's brand new.

News paper is a great idea!!!!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 5:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Packing peanuts.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Okay- I totally have an excess of newspaper and my kids LOVE crumpling. I can get them to do it! Thank you so much for the suggestions! I was sure there was nothing I had. Cool!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Do you have a paper shredder? You could shred up junk mail and stuff it in there.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• I don't have a shredded but I took pics of the kids going nuts on the newspaper. Got one finished.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Salt! Sand? Balloons filled with water?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Old towels would roll up well
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 6:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Yeah I have been using towels but with everyone in the house puking- well the towels are in high demand. LOL- that would be a helluva lot of salt!!!!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2013