What do you think??

im pregnant its clear my baby has 10 finger and toes but i have had no other issues looked into because im not that far along. however i kno if their was an issue or the baby would die shortly after birth i would carry the baby to term because i DONT believe in abortion. it just not for me, no matter what the circumstances. Im a healthy 20 year old, who is very low risk. However i do suffer from anxiety which i take a low dose of zoloft for which is ok and is very needed. Lately i have just had this feeling that my baby is going to have some horrible problem and will end up dying shortly after giving birth. I feel like God will use this for me to explain to women why it was important 2 carry my baby to term. I know this is wierd and i will admit im irrational at times due to hormones and anxiety. my last pregnancy i thought i would die and i dwelled on it. im i feeling this way for a reason or just being ridiculous. Im scared

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• um ur not ridiculous but I would pray and ask God for some answers and if anythinig u need to give all control to him. Tell him its in his hands. Its possibly just hormouns and what not. Fears of being on zoloft and what not... hey I am in the same boat. Try not to dwell and pray pray pray!!
    EZsmom422

Answer by EZsmom422 at 11:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Yes I would continue to pray to God about it, But they was I see it is you never know why God puts things like that On your heart. But like you I just couldnt fathom having a baby and thought that my baby would pass away at birth and he is still here. I would obsess about it.

I knew a lady too who was pregnant with her baby and when she found out her baby had his stomach outside his body and he was all disfigured and disorianted, she went through with it and Christmas eve she went into labor. well When she had the baby the Doctor Said she had passed on and she wished to see her and the doctors recommended not but she did and said she was beautiful. 2 months later she got pregnant with a healthy baby and is happily in term with this one now.

But What Im saying is for you to go through with it and pray about it. If you feel this scared about it maybe look into giving the baby up for adoption , But if you want Keep it
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 11:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Anon-
    We all worry about our children before/after they are born. That is human nature and being a concerned parent. From what I gather there is no reason (other than anxiety) for you to be worried about your child.
    My personal philosophy is to not worry about what "could" happen and rather enjoy what "is" happening. Enjoy your pregnancy!!!!! Continue to pray about your child's life but do not allow yourself to dwell on the "what-ifs".
    I know this will be hard but it will be better for you in the long-run!!!!! I promise!
    As you stated, you will have the child (and no doubt love it) so just put your faith in Him and release your stress to Him!
    Hope I helped a little...
    Tiffany
    alexandersmom03

Answer by alexandersmom03 at 12:19 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• How far along are you?? I say don't stop praying..Have faith in God... He can work out ALL things.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 12:41 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I would tell you to let it be. Feel your anxiety and then move forward. Find some peace in the fact that you are preggers right now at this moment in your life and then the next day say the same thing and eventually the baby will be out and grown up. I have anxiety and pretty much lead a rollercoster of a life.
    By the way a higher power doesnt really have much to do with it. It will be a cause and effect situation......yin and yang. Take care of yourself and if you are suppose to have your baby you will and if not then you feel your feelings and move forward.
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 12:47 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• It is probably hormones.. but honestly, try your best to think positive.. it is healthier for both you and the baby. Try taking your mind off anything negative.. read a happy book, watch comedy movies, enjoy time with your SO.. anything to make your days more positive.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:36 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• It sounds like the hormones from pregnancy affect you in such a way that you dwell on death and very negative things. I would discuss this with your doctor. If the doctor doesn't believe that Zoloft will harm the baby, then you shouldn't worry.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:24 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I think it is probably somehow associated with the reason for your other anxiety problems. More than likely it has to do with some event that happened when you were a younger child. It could have been some kind of trauma or neglect or insecurity or unmet needs. The list of possibilities of the cause are almost endless. It is unfortunate that most doctors nowadays don't even try to discover the reason for anxiety or depression but simply prescribe drugs to attempt to hide the symptoms. If I were you, I would simply try to work very hard at replacing those negative thoughts with postive thoughts of a happy, healty pregnancy and baby and life to follow.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:46 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• You said it yourself...you're irrational, anxious, and possibly a hypochondriac of some sort. You also seem to enjoy and welcome crisis. Perhaps you are even hoping, just a tiny bit, that you encounter some sort of crisis so you can use it to show people the way or how great God is or make you feel 'special' or some other thing like that...either way, you seem a bit unstable. Go see your psychiatrist and ask for a referral to a counselor and maybe up your Zoloft dosage a bit...good luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• That doesn't seem very helpful, or particularly *nice* anon 742. I was on Zoloft when I first got pregnant, I was told to quit *cold turkey* off max dose by the free psychiatrist and so I did. I almost went nuts. Hormones plus meds can sometimes react in different ways... talk to your doctor about what you are going through. A different med or maybe just talk therapy may be what you need. I ended up slowly weaning myself off... I don't know your situation, so will not give you any advice other than worries like this are completely normal and worse for those of us that tend towards such thoughts. Catch yourself, and redirect into a more productive area... good luck!!
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 20, 2009