Should I call in? I'm miserable.

Been having this extremely bad burning that feels like heartburn but it's getting hard to breathe, my head hurts extremely bad and my hands, arms, feet, and legs are badly swollen. My face isn't that swollen. I'm 34 weeks along and had a checkup last week and my urine was clean but with everything going on should I call in and have my boyfriend take me up when he's off work in an hour? Really freaking out and not sure what to do. The burning makes me feel like throwing up. I have also been seeing some flashing streams of light and black dots.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2013 in Pregnancy

• my head hurts extremely bad and my hands, arms, feet, and legs are badly swollen.... I have also been seeing some flashing streams of light and black dots.

OK.... you NEED (not optional) to call your doc ASAP (like NOW) or go to the ER if they don't have someone on call... these are s/sx of preeclampsia!!! You need to be checked or check in with DOCTOR NOW! This is not a joke... I had it... DO NOT WAIT... talk to an actual medical professional NOW!!!

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/preeclampsia/DS00583/DSECTION=symptoms

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• ^^listen to her^^
    If we see you post further, we will assume you place no value on your child's life or your own.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• My boyfriend is driving and should be picking me up in the next 10-15 minutes to take me in. Hoping everything comes back clean.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Hoping everything comes back clean.

fingers crossed!! Hope they just put you on bed rest for a few days... you may just be over doing it!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• Maybe, hope that's what it is. I have to take care of my boyfriends kids and my child and the house all on my own so I'm constantly having to do it by myself as he won't help. His excuse is he's got to go to work an hour early! Or he has too much homework. :( I'll post an update in the morning. If I do go on bed rest hopefully it's there cause I know for a fact I won't be able to get it here.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• If I do go on bed rest hopefully it's there cause I know for a fact I won't be able to get it here.

It wont be there... it will be at home. I was home on bed rest for two weeks at 36 weeks then induced at 38 weeks. Have them look your BF in the eye and explain what bed rest means.... then if he give you crap just say doctors orders... does he want you and/or the baby to die??
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2013

• I hope you have called already. Best of luck to you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:19 AM on Dec. 10, 2013

• Do you have an update yet? I just read this and am curious as to what the outcome is.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 8:15 AM on Dec. 10, 2013

• Urine is clean and blood pressure was normal, they aren't sure why I'm having the burning or having the vision problems. Pretty much weren't any help at all :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:32 AM on Dec. 10, 2013

• Well put yourself on bed rest then. Keep your feet slightly elevated and drink plenty of water. If they did not say preeclampsia you were probably just doing too much.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2013