Another cat question...

Try not to get sick of my cat questions. Ive always had dogs but now I have a cat too.

Is there any food that you keep around the house you can give a cat when you're out of cat food? With dogs you can give them just about anything, bread, hamburgers, leftovers, but cats??? I don't know.

jenny3344

Asked by jenny3344 at 9:44 AM on Dec. 10, 2013 in Pets

• You could probably give them cooked unseasoned chicken or beef, if it will eat it. my brat cat is picky and wont eat a lot of stuff
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:46 AM on Dec. 10, 2013

• My last cat loved people food. Her favorites were cream style corn and pork & beans. When I would open the can I had to give her some before I did anything like heating it or putting in serving bowl. She also liked canned peas, bologna, potato chips and ice cream. Also often when pets are at the vets they will feed baby food to cats that wont eat.
    AuntieV

Answer by AuntieV at 9:50 AM on Dec. 10, 2013

• tuna

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 10, 2013

• Any raw or cooked meat or fish (canned sardines, for instance). A lot of cats like cheese and some like natural yoghurt. My parents had a cat that just loved cornflakes (but that isn't really "cat" food - cats are carnivores... the veg they put in catfood is more for the owner's conscience than for the good of the cat).
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 10:05 AM on Dec. 10, 2013

• Tuna. They love it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:48 AM on Dec. 10, 2013

• Be careful. You can kill a cat or dog with our foods, especially spices. Be sure to check the prohibited list. There is no reason you can't cook for your kitty. Chicken or fish are favorites and beef or lamb or venison, sparingly. You have to watch the fat content carefully.

The biggest reason not to is that being the agile little thieves the are, they will be even more attracted to your food and not to their own.
    Cat Fanciers has a website with all kinds of info for you and your vet should be a good resource.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:48 AM on Dec. 10, 2013