cant lift more then 5 lbs after c-section?????

i heard this and was wondering if it was true????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• probably is with the exception of your baby! IDK never had one, but I would think so since its like surgery
    Anonymous

• I had a section about 3 years ago and that is basically what the nurses told me. But, they know that it is not logical for those who have other children. I would say that you should listen to your body. I was cooking and cleaning three days after mine.
    StacyMarie1029

Answer by StacyMarie1029 at 11:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• No. It's nothing heavier than your baby. We all know this is untrue since most of us have newborns at birth weighing 6lbs. or more. My sons were almost 9lbs. each, so I had no other choice.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 11:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• You are urged to lift nothing heavier than 10 lbs. I am scheduled for my third c-section on the 23rd of march so I promise it is 10 lbs.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• nothing heavier than a gallon of milk is the best rule of thumb. a gallon of liquid weighs about 8 lbs. most people don't weight things so they don't realize what things weigh... so just go by the milk thing.

you can still lift with your arms, such as picking up baby, things from the counter, etc, just no bending to pick up heavy things from the floor then stand back up... anything that really works your core muscles since they were just cut.

make sense?
    Anonymous

• no not true
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 12:05 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Nothing heavier than your baby.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:33 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Nothing heavier than your baby. That's what I was told with my son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• ya it is my friend sara just had an emergency c section adn she was told that she couldnt lift more then 5 lbs for 3 weeks because she could risk tearing her stiching open
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:42 AM on Feb. 20, 2009