I'm trying to do a good thing here,and FFS,it's FREE!

I posted my old artificial Christmas tree for free. it's only been used a few times,and is in great shape. I'm getting really frustrated with the ones interested in it. They want pics,measurements,and for me to deliver it to them. One chick posted last night and asked me if i could "drop it off". She lives an hour away....Yeah,I'll drive an hour each way,in the snow,to give you something for free. Geez! I posted that it was pickup only.
I just want to be able to give a family in need a Xmas tree. If they cannot find a way to get it,just pass on it.
they act as if i'm trying to screw them over. Stop over,take a look,if you don't think it's good enough,say thanks anyway and go.
I didn't have any issues with the other stuff I gave away,so i'm at a loss.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 11:03 AM on Dec. 10, 2013 in Holidays

• I want that butterfly. LOL
    Can you hold it until I can maybe find a ride out there in 2 or three weeks? LOL Do you have a truck we can borrow to move it? and someone to help load it?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• I would just donate it. I would list it as pick up only and offer only valid until x PM on Y day at Z location. Will be donated immediately following if it has not been picked up or notification of pick up is not imminent.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:18 AM on Dec. 10, 2013

• I would just bring it to donate to Savers or another thrift store.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:13 AM on Dec. 10, 2013

• I would like it, can you bring it over, via plane, LOL
    I agree donate it to the thrift store, if you put it on Craig's list for $20 people might actually buy it!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:23 AM on Dec. 10, 2013

• Some people's sense of entitlement overwhelms me....
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 10, 2013

• I ignore those people though wanting to know the size is importanta and whether it is a lit tree or standard. Why? Because they may not have room for a tree that is too big.

We gave one away last year. I posted
    FREE used christmas tree, in the box. This is a prelit, 6ft foot Christmas tree.
    Come and get it.
    Requests for delivery will be ignored.

I had only a couple asking for it to be delivered and they were ignored.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:32 AM on Dec. 10, 2013

• I can understand asking for measurements, in terms of height - I wouldn't want to get a tree, free or not, to find it's two feet too tall for my living room. But the rest is ridiculous. All I would do is ask "how tall is it?" Beyond that, as long as it was a good height for my living room, I'd be so excited to get a tree for free that I'd be happy to pick it up. Of course, even if I paid for something, I can't imagine asking the person to deliver it to me, unless it was something huge like a big dresser or something - and even then, I'd offer to pay extra for the delivery.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:33 AM on Dec. 10, 2013

• I got that when I posted on Craigslist too bb. Just do a curb alert. Set it outside and say it's outside. Someone will come by. Don't take any questions.... bunch of dumb asses. I specifically said, "Come get it, I have no way of moving it", yet someone asked me to deliver it. Yeah No. DELETE... LMAO!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• I would delete your listing, re-post it and say : Free 6 ft artificial tree. Your town, local pickup only. Must be gone by Thursday.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• This latest guy wants me to put it up,and tell him the radius of the tree,and post a pic

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Dec. 10, 2013