Not a good fit for the job

I've been looking for work and a friend of mine told me about this part time Tele marketing job. Definitely not something I was interested in doing but I interviewed for it
Did training yesterday and we had to memorize a script
Went in today and had most of it memorized but I kept messing up because of the noisy environment. They said the job is not for everybody. Now even though I didn't care to do that type of work, I was willing to do it for the holidays. Have any of you ever got let go before you officially started working?
This is embarrassing. They let two of the 10 of us go.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2013 in Money & Work

• If you can't work in that environment you can't do the job. No big deal.... it wasn't your thing. I can do many things... that is NOT one of them. Chin up, move on!! No shame in this!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• Many places like that over hire with the intentions of people quitting before the week ends. If that doesn't happen, they start weeding others out. No big deal. You didn't want to work for a company like that anyway.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:50 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• True but I feel like I wasn't really given a chance to really nail what I was suppose to say
    I really didn't want to do it but I could have used the money. The holidays are here and I have no money
    I'm hoping this temp agency can get me another gig asap
    I just feel kind of bummed about it. It's an easy ass job and I still got fired. Sighs
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• I was laid off November 15th from my last job and fired from the one before that
    I just want to find something stable and full time. I need to take care of my daughter
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• I wouldn't call it easy. I'm not very friendly to telemarketers at all. lol

Regardless, the job just wasn't right for you. Not a bad thing. It wouldn't be right for me, either. Better to be done with it now than to do it for weeks or months and hate it and be absolutely miserable every day. At least now you can find something that will hopefully be a much better fit.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• Thank you Wendy
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• I've done call center telemarketing. Quit after two weeks. It's NOT an easy job by any means.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• Can you work in retail? Some stores may still need seasonal help. If they like your work, they could keep you on. I'm sure you'll find something. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• Don't sweat it. I got let go from a telemarketing job before I started, too. It was for some handicapped workers group or something. They wanted me to follow a script to sell stuff by making people feel sorry for me because of my disability, and it was so nauseating I couldn't do it. I wanted to sell the product because it was a good product that was worth the money, and sell it with dignity. When I couldn't do that, they let me go. You're better off with something else.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• Yeah I just feel bummed about it because I could have used the money for the time being. I'm on the hunt for a better job though. Thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2013