Anyone ever do Retail Merchandiser for Hallmark...your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2013 in Money & Work

• I was interviewed. I have merchandised for Gibson Greetings back when they were still around. Here's the thing about Hallmark though... they are the biggest greeting card company. If you merchandise for Walmart or even Target (which chances are, you will), you will be working around many customers, i.e., them in your way all the time. Otherwise, it is fun. Back when I was doing it for Gibson, we got to destroy or take home all the cards we pulled.... that was about 18 years ago... NOW, you will either be sending them back or taking them to Receiving to do. Remember, your busiest days are the day after the holiday... you will absolutely have to work those days.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• I made friends with the lady that does it at our local CVS. She got hired on part time at CVS after proving herself reliable and good with customers, so it could be an "in" to more permanent employment!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• My cousin does, she likes it as it gives her some income but is also somewhat flexible(don't have to be at the store at a certain exact time etc).

My husband does a lot of merchandising and I have done some Independent contractor merchandising, it isn't usually a difficult job but you do have to deal with customers in your way a lot, and at times clueless employees at whatever store you are servicing.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2013