I can't find the question about the soft diet for the lady who had some teeth extracted?

Anyways, my fiance got multiple extractions yesterday.

For lunch today he made tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich

Then combined in a blender and drank it.

I had some and it was delicious and filling!

Hope you're feeling better!

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 5:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2013 in Health

• That sounds delicious....except I don't have a blender.

I had yogurt for breakfast and lunch. I just had some mashed potatoes with cheese on them and plan on having some applesauce as well. Tomorrow I'm stopping at the store to stock up on the above ideas (minus the grits as I don't like those).

I am feeling a bit better than yesterday but can't open my mouth very wide. Hope your fiance is doing well.

Thanks for thinking of me! :-)
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 5:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• Yeah! I knew it was you, I just didn't know where the 3 went in the screen name. He has had fruit smoothies, yogurt and that blended soup. I bet if you chopped any sandwich up and soaked it in soup it would be soft enough to swallow. We were planning finely chopped chicken salad for dinner. I feel your pain by looking at him!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• The 3 is in place of the e. It's shortened from "temporary single mom"....yeah, I'm not good at picking out screen names. LOL

I also found a can of sweet potatoes left over from Thanksgiving. Cooked that up and mashed them. Yummy.

I found a can of soup to have for lunch tomorrow.

And now that I'm home, I can take some pain meds (don't wanna be taking those at work)

Your fiance is lucky to have someone to take care of him. :-)
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 6:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• Funny, I always read it as tempsing mom and ignored the l3.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• Me too staci.
    you can also make soft boiled eggs. And my not favorite, milk toast..
    I forgot to mention that tomatoes and high acid food are often not comfortable at first. Tomato soup is not that acidic, I am thinking more like spagetti sauce, which you can eat. I would do a crame or oil and garlic and cut the pasta small.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2013