Anyone been fearful or had a feeling their baby was going to have some serious birth defect...?

im 11 weeks and everything is fine so far. i havent had any testing done yet. im very low risk, have one healthy baby and am 20 years old. is this irrational?? anyone feeling this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was nervous about that too, even though I shouldn't have been! Everything turned out fine for me as I'm sure it will for you. Relax.
    Anonymous

• i am nervous too! I read books about all these diseases that can happen during the developmental stages, and omg i have nightmares every night... i know exactlly how you feel
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 11:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i think everyone worries. The closer i get to B-day the more worried about it I get. That is the first thing I ask after all mine are born..."somebody tell me they don't have fins..." Lol.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• dont worry about it.Take your pre-natals to help prevent nural tube defects and enjoy being preg.Your dr. will let ya know if something is up!
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I felt nervous and scared at times, I would read something about birth defects or whatever and I would worry alot, but my baby is healthy and happy and im sure your's will be also. So don't worry enjoy the moment.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 11:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Yeah i was worried through mine... especially because in my testing it showed risk of fetal defects so i was scared that i would find something wrong with my baby... however the ultrasounds always came out fine... and she was born very healthy at the end...
    bella710

Answer by bella710 at 12:24 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I am 37 weeks and didn't do any of the testing and now am getting worried about it, but I will love my son no matter what!
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 10:44 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• yes i had feelings the whole time that i was pregnant with my oldest son that something was wrong with his heart and the doctors told me he was fine. Then after his birth I said somethig to the ped but no one would listen they thought i was crazy, when he was 2 days old he almost died due to defects of the heart.... I think that a mother knows and if you feel that somethings wrong you sould stay with it until a doctor listens.... who cares if they think your crazy it's yuour childs life

mistiecoe07

Answer by mistiecoe07 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 5, 2010