Help me please

My step father and my mother forced me to buy a car. I had a good job at the time but then I was fired 4 months after buying a used 2011 Toyota Camry with 50,000 miles on it
My step father took me to planet Suzuki, we looked at cars for hours and came across the 2011 Toyota Camry. it was nice but I really didn't want it because it had so many miles on it. both my parents began to say how I wouldn't be able to utilize their vehicles and that I need to get one of my own.
now almost 2 years later I have a hundred thousand miles on my car and I've put so much work into the maintenance I can't even afford this car anymore my car payment is $330 month I am upside down on my car loan
my parents don't help me at all with my payment or the maintenance I don't know what to do
and I'm currently not working
the reason I have so many miles on it within a two years that I bought the car is because I travel a lot for work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2013 in Relationships

• What is the question?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• refinance the car or do a voluntary repo.... yeah for your parents for helping you get into a huge car payment! I've never payed that much a months and I've owed quite a few new cars!! WOW
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• Sell it & look for a job close to home.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• I did refinance my car a couple months ago in the payments are still pretty high is now $260 a month but I still can't afford it and with the high miles that I have on the car I don't know how long I'm going to have it before I even finish paying the loan. I've been ripped off by mechanics a few times and my dad don't even help me when it comes to deciphering what I should be paying and what they are charging me at the shop
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• my question is what should I do with my situation with the car
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• I had to have my rotors replaced my wheel bearing I need brake pads now it's going to be time for tonight once I get to 120,000 miles I don't even have the money to pay my car payment let alone is he paying the maintenance
    the car value on Kelly Blue Book is probably like $10,000 and I still owe 14000 dollars on her
    I can't believe I have a hundred six thousand miles on a 2011 Toyota Camry I know can we are good cars but the fact that I still owe so much money on it in the miles are high I think I'm going to be screwed. when I see my parents force me to get this car I mean they force me I did not want to sign the papers but the stress that I will not be able to utilize their vehicles and pretty much made me get a car that day. I did like the car but I kept saying is a lot of miles is a lot of miles and they charge me like 18 thousand dollars for the car
    never even gave me the CARFAX.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• Trade it in....
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• I have done a lot of driving in the two years that I have on my car but the fact that I'm paying so much is not my fault they ripped me off I charge me $18,000 for a one year old car at 50,000 miles

I never said that I wanted a brand new car I would have been fine getting a 2001 car that cost a couple thousand dollars

I know if my car get repossessed that's going to be horrible for my credit and I'm only 24 years old this is the first car that I purchased
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• because I'm upside down on my car loan if I traded in my payments are going to be extremely high and my payments are going to pretty much double I can not afford that I am NOT working right now so trading it in is not even an option
    I'm so stressed out
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2013

• It's time to put on your big girl panties, stop blaming this on your parents and get a job. This time of year you should be able to find a seasonal job (it might be too late, but you never know unless you try) and seasonal jobs sometimes turn into permanent. Even if the job isn't your DREAM job, apply for it.

Look at your budget. Are there things you can cut back on? Cable, phone, internet?

Shop around for mechanics. See if you can find one that will take payments.

What did you do to your car that you needed rotors replaced and a wheel bearing at less than 120,000 miles?
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 6:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2013