SO started taking his ADD meds again, now our relationship is boring

He was on his meds in high school, and thought he didnt need them anymore so he stopped taking them for years. Now hes 25, and decides he wants to start taking them again since he started getting lazy and tired all the time at home and work. Today was the 2nd day he has taken them, and he literally cleaned the house since he got home from work until bed time... I know, its every womans dream right haha! He has so much energy now. But he just seems different. He's so serious now, not goofy and playful like he was before the meds, and it seems like the only attention i get is when he wants to have sex. But at the same time he's helping out soo much more around the house and helps with the kids. So im not sure what to do? Am I being selfish for feeling this way? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Dec. 11, 2013 in Relationships

• Medication like that does not take effect in just two days.
    Go back to Mom Confessions.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Tradesies!!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:04 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

• I'd love for my boyfriend to help out around the house! He just started taking it! Give him a few days to get used to it again! He should come around good luck
    Tana9811

Answer by Tana9811 at 1:23 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Come on! Are you really so needy that you need to be doted on every second of the day? He has been on the meds for two days... how could that possibly mean that the relationship is boring?!?!?! TWO FREAKIN DAYS! My guess is that once his body gets use to the meds it will be better.

In the mean time... work on improving yourself so that you are not crushed without attention for a couple of days.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:41 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Oh man in my younger days my friends and I took some Ritalin and we got so high, I spent 4 hours sorting the cupboards, stacking dishes and unstacking dishes. It wasn't even my house. It is powerful stuff, I would imagine if he is taking whatever pills and doesn't need them then he is just doing it to get high. That would concern me more than him being boring. As far as relationships go they change and fluctuate so go get some friends and leave him to clean. lol
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 2:07 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

• He cleaned the whole house AND still had energy for sex? What exactly is he taking? I mean exactly.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:47 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

• I don't believe this question. Drugs like Adderal and Ritalin have the opposite effect on someone who has ADD or ADHD. Stimulants CALMtthem down, not hype them up.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• This happened to me once I'm serious. He can now intently focus on things, and leaving you just over there in the corner. Do your own thing, you have a happy loving relationship just try not to be needy for his attention right now or ever. Some attention is good, but Im sure he gives it to you, so just pick up a hobby, go to school and give him space.
    sunnysideup89

Answer by sunnysideup89 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• i would let him help out and you are being selfish.
    christina122952

Answer by christina122952 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2013