I'm ttc but my period won't go away!

I know the question seems odd so here is some more info! I already have one child and I'm ready for another! My periods have always been irregular! This time is different I went 4 months without a period! I finally got it on November 14th and here it is December 10th and it's still here! It slowed down a tad but no signs of stopping! What could this mean?

Tana9811

Asked by Tana9811 at 1:30 AM on Dec. 11, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• Go to the doctor. We are not doctors.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:34 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Are you under a huge amount of stress? I once had a period for 14 weeks straight. It was horrible. As soon as the stress went away, so did the period from hell. The doc told me that is is common in high stress people.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:37 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

• But you should consult your doctor just to be sure it isn't anything serious.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

• I have been under some stress and the flow did increase during that time and then slowed down! Thanks that helped a lot!
    Tana9811

Comment by Tana9811 (original poster) at 1:39 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

• You really need to get an appointment with a doctor. Bleeding for that long isn't normal, and you could become anemic, which is deficient in iron. In the meantime, not sure why it works, but when I had a lot of bleeding from difficult miscarriages, my doctor told me to munch on lots of raisins and it would help me get my body back in balance. Go figure. I hope you like raisins. He said to eat a big handful every day for a few months. I got sick of raisins, but they seemed to help.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:53 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

• I'm already anemic and have awful problems with my iron! I'm def going to call and make an appointment tomorrow
    Tana9811

Comment by Tana9811 (original poster) at 2:00 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

• While your getting your child's head injury checked out maybe you can ask an actual medical professional. Then again maybe you should have another until you can be responsible for the one you have.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:08 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

• DOCTOR. There's nothing we can do to help you.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• I know you posted this a while ago but it sounds like you have PCOS
    vampporcupine

Answer by vampporcupine at 5:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2013

• Call your doc.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 7:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2014